Talk

Advanced search

If you test products for magazines what's in it for you ?

(8 Posts)
KathyBrown Thu 11-Jun-09 18:37:01

I've agreed to test 2nd stage car seats for a magazine, bloody great boxes, all friends locally involved, lots of paperwork etc and yet all the manufacters are talking of collecting the products at the end hmm I'll be honest I only agreed to do it thinking my 2 friends and I would get to keep a car seat each for our trouble. Don't mind sending back the rubbish ones wink

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Thu 11-Jun-09 18:38:47

Are they paying you?

KathyBrown Thu 11-Jun-09 18:39:44

No mention of it so far.
It's just a lot of work if I'm doing it for the honor of being mentioned in a magazine I wouldn't have bothered if I'm honest.

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Thu 11-Jun-09 19:35:37

Why not mention it? What's the worst that could happen?

To be fair though, you probably should have asked from the begining, then you could have said 'no' to them from then. How did it come about?

shhhh Thu 11-Jun-09 20:48:52

how did you manage to be a tester btw..?

I do cosmetic testing and at times thin I would love to test kids products. Toys/Prams/car seats etc....

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 11-Jun-09 20:53:30

I've always kept the stuff I've tested.

Am surprised they are asking to take it back. Tell them, rather unfortunately, your children have been exposed to swine flu and barfed on the car seat.... wink

shhhh Thu 11-Jun-09 20:57:21

lol ilovemy..grin

KathyBrown Thu 11-Jun-09 21:14:55

Lol really ? I am quite tempted to just be out when the couriers come to collect it grin
Shhhh I just wrote to all the baby magazines saying I wanted to test their stuff, was rather hoping for a bugaboo but never mind grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now