Talk

Advanced search

Please please find me a new set of cutlery..

(3 Posts)
charlieandlola Wed 10-Jun-09 19:54:16

Our current"family" set is nearly 14 years old, and has had it. Plus we only have 5 forks, 8 knives and 2 teaspoons left - the rest have died/gone rusty/fallen to bits. It is really quite embarrassing.
We have a set for entertaining, but dh complains every time he uses the "family" set.

I want a set that feels "heavy" to use, but is not too "heavy" for everyday. I have been to Ikea, M&S and Debenhams. They all feel a bit light/flimsy to me. Have yet to go to JL, but looking for recommendations.

Budget not an issue, not prepared to spend £20 per knife or spoon, but happy to go £100+ for the set if its the right one.

DS is nearly 7, so ok with adult size/weight.

Our current set is French bistro type, coloured handled and stainless steel. Must be dishwasher proof.

Any ideas?

ellceeell Wed 10-Jun-09 20:38:55

What about these? www.welch.co.uk/product.asp?instanceid=9076 - if you live anywhere near the shop it is a lovely place to visit! Or that might mean that I am a sad person. blush

GrapefruitMoon Wed 10-Jun-09 20:42:21

Did you see these ones in Ikea?

Data

They are not always in stock - probably because they are quite popular. They are a good weight, we have had a set for years and recently bought a second set so that we didn't keep running out when the dishwasher was running!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now