Talk

Advanced search

Maxi Cosi Priori XP - washing the cover

(11 Posts)
EyeballshasBackBoobs Wed 10-Jun-09 18:05:53

After dd spewed all over the car this afternoon I am finally going to have to face the job I have been putting off for months, washing her seat. A preliminary google has brought up some issues with the cover fraying after washing so I wondered if anyone here had washed theirs. Not that I have a choice; the smell in the car is going to knock me out when I open the doors hmm

messageinabottle Wed 10-Jun-09 18:08:11

I washed mine on a cold wash with normal washing powder and it came out fine, no fraying as far as I can see

even the reflective strips didn't seem affected

most difficult part was putting the blooming thing back on!

CarGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 18:08:26

YOu need to hand wash it in cool water. I recommend leaving it to soak in cold water with some napisan in it.

Sorry it's pain to do

LivingLaVidaLurker2 Wed 10-Jun-09 18:10:29

I've washed (after vomit incident) and it was absolutely fine. Worst bit was trying to put it all back together afterwards as I couldn't find the instructions.

EyeballshasBackBoobs Wed 10-Jun-09 18:10:41

Yes I have fond memories of wrestling with the cover on the Cabrio, didn't suppose this one would be any easier...

Bumholes. Thanks

LivingLaVidaLurker2 Wed 10-Jun-09 18:11:54

I meant I've washed our cover. I do not wash myself so rarely that I feel the need to announce it on MN.

CandleQueen Wed 10-Jun-09 18:18:28

We washed in the machine on a gentle cycle. No frying probs.

EyeballshasBackBoobs Wed 10-Jun-09 18:18:41

PMSL

To be fair, I'm being sent upstairs for another bath by DH who walked straight in and said 'ugh, who's been sick?'. He gave dd a good sniffing and it's not her hmm

CandleQueen Wed 10-Jun-09 18:18:54

fraying obv!

EyeballshasBackBoobs Wed 10-Jun-09 18:19:09

I wasn't going to cook it!

EyeballshasBackBoobs Wed 10-Jun-09 18:57:09

Right it's in the washing machine and tbh it might as well stay there as there's no way I'll be able to put it back together. They're having a laugh, aren't they? shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now