Talk

Advanced search

Tens Machine for Period Pains Anyone?

(8 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Tue 10-May-05 14:30:24

Does anyone use, or has anyone used a tens machine for period pains.

I am so desperate to ease the pain that i am attempting this, its a proper tens unit made for aches and pains, not labour.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BubblesDeVere Tue 10-May-05 16:24:26

bump

bundle Tue 10-May-05 16:44:03

dunno bubblesdv, but here's an article re: magnets/period pains

Tinker Tue 10-May-05 17:52:34

Couldn't you just try it and find out.

BubblesDeVere Tue 10-May-05 18:08:19

Yes tinker, that is what i am going to do, but, i was asking if anyone else had used this method thats all.

WigWamBam Tue 10-May-05 18:15:51

I've used a tens machine and didn't think too much of it, to be honest. I used it mainly for RSI, although I did use it a couple of times for period pains, and didn't find it very effective.

WestCountryLass Wed 11-May-05 11:39:10

I haven't used it for period pains but I would think it could be very effective. My chiropracter hires them out for all sorts of pains so it must be worth a go. If it does not seem to help then move the electrode thngs around and give it another go. Hope you have some luck with it. I suffer dreadfully but have not had a period for 18 months as was pregnant and am still BFing, I am dreading it Pre-children I would hibernate for a week, post-children I suffer and am like an extra for the Return Of The Living Dead.

Newbarnsleygirl Wed 11-May-05 11:42:26

Have used it once for period pains and I found it quite good.

My MIL had one so I used hers but if you wanted to have a trial run Boots hire them out and I know soem local chemists do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now