Talk

Advanced search

I need a very large metal sheet (1 1/2m by 2 m) that I can use as a memo board - any idea where I can get one?

(6 Posts)
SamVimesIsMyHero Tue 09-Jun-09 20:38:26

I've looked into magnetic paint but I want to put photos up on the wall held up by magnets and it doesn't sound like it is suitable for that. Any idea where I can get a large, thin sheet of metal I could screw to the wall and stick stuff on with magnets? Thanks.

AMumInScotland Tue 09-Jun-09 20:41:53

You can get really big metal noticeboards from places like Viking Direct, but they're pretty expensive. But the advantage is they have covered edges and places to attach them to the wall.

SamVimesIsMyHero Tue 09-Jun-09 21:17:37

I'll have a look there but I think they may be a bit bulky, I really want something very thin so it lies very close to the wall, that's why I like the idea of the paint <fussy> grinthis sort of thing but much bigger!

AMumInScotland Wed 10-Jun-09 12:18:13

I think that IKEA one is about a centimetre deep, assuming it's the one I've got in my kitchen it's not just a flat sheet. Do you have an old-fashioned hardware store you could ask? They might be able to get something very flat and put holes in for fixing it.

mablemurple Wed 10-Jun-09 12:36:53

Look in your Yellow Pages under metal or steel or something like that - there may be a small company locally that would sell you an offcut. I got my stainless steel cooker spashback very cheaply in this way.

SamVimesIsMyHero Wed 10-Jun-09 16:47:41

THanks mablemurple - you and abetadad are obviously thinking as one today! I hadn't thought of that. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now