Talk

Advanced search

Any other playmobil nuts out there, trying to find a set like the bakery

(12 Posts)
melsy Mon 08-Jun-09 23:29:43

but it had cereal boxes and other things and it was around about a year ago. Ive looked on all the sites and just cant seem to find it.

I always promised dd1 I'd get one for her and ddidnt, so we got the ice cream parlour instead for having repeated hospital stays over a 3wk period. Shes now been back at hospital again this weekend,(having been out of hospital for 12wks in a row for once) and awaiting more tests and I wanted to surprise her.

Its now stupidly bugging me I cant locate this bakery type set. I can find bakery ones , but not this particualr one that was more like a shop, but not the supermarket!!! Its just that I remember it having bread in it but not being all bread!

not easy to explain!

CherryChoc Mon 08-Jun-09 23:35:03

Ooh I love playmobil, any excuse to look through the site grin

Is it... Corner Store?

CherryChoc Mon 08-Jun-09 23:41:43

Cafe

(There is a grocery store, on ebay, but more like a supermarket)

melsy Mon 08-Jun-09 23:42:04

Thanks for looking Cherrychoc, thats near to what it was. I think it was one of the biggerish sets rather than an add on and it had a base to it also and steps and 2 people I think. Around the £25 ish mark.

Ive been looking on and off all afternoon!!

Ive lost me hunt and find mojo!!

EachPeachPearMum Mon 08-Jun-09 23:42:19

I have seen the one you mean... has little pastries etc to 'buy'
check playmobil site?
Where's somuchtobits when you need her?

melsy Mon 08-Jun-09 23:43:08

ohh you are quick , my reply was in ref to your 1st post.

melsy Mon 08-Jun-09 23:45:21

oohh you lovely helpful lot. I should have come on sooner. I dont frequent these here MN parts much these days.

I gotta go give meds right now and get to bed , but will have another go on the morning!

CherryChoc Tue 09-Jun-09 08:31:39

This is the grocery store one.

Perhaps it was the "corner store" set I linked to earlier, with the "store" building included, I'm not sure if they sell them like that. (Store)

melsy Tue 09-Jun-09 16:33:37

I dont know if I should post this or not , as it shows how Ive taken everyone up a gumtree!!

After extensive research on playmoboard, help on here and phoning playmobil customer services just now I realised.......................

Its not actually playmobil !!

Its the Supermarket from the Duplo Town range!

Silver lining : I got there in the end, sort of!!!

Now I need to decide what to get!

EachPeachPearMum Tue 09-Jun-09 19:45:13

pmsl grin
My dd (3.3) actually got that for christmas... she LOVES it- the till makes a 'ringing up purchases' sound... the whole set is great!
So funny you rang playmobil customer services... oops!

EachPeachPearMum Tue 09-Jun-09 19:47:47

and now I looked at your profile I realise I haven't seen you in ages so welcome back!

melsy Tue 09-Jun-09 23:17:05

Thanks for welcome backs EatPeachPearMum!!! Shhh dont tell but I got addicted to twitter!

I also phoned our local dept store as thats were Id seen the original offending item and they suggested calling pm direct, it was when I phoned them that it all clicked! I didnt want to let on that I knew on the phone to them, what a numpty!!

Now I know what to get dd2 (2.9) for her birthday, as shes currently obsessed with dd1's Playmobil ice cream parlour & dd1's not to happy about it!

There are some really cute sets on playmobil actually for dd1(5) (Thanks Cherrychoc for the links). I need to make a decision soon , as the supermarket is discontinued, but there are some left on Amazon & Ebay. Its ridic, but I'd love to get her the WHOLE supermarket set and ALL the add ons!! Ive never done that ever with any toy!

Do you think Im buying it for me too!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now