Talk

Advanced search

Bathing two kids: Baby Dam Bathwater Barrier - any experiences?

(14 Posts)
LauraN1 Mon 08-Jun-09 23:02:58

Hi,
I saw this thingy on Jojomamanbebe's website and it looks like it could solve my 'How do I bath two kids at once without filling up our really big bath' problem. Well at least on the web it looks good

Does anyone have experience of it? Does it work? Or is it just another useless gadget?

Are there any alternatives that you know of? Like a plastic bath tub for two?

Any comments are very welcome,
Laura

MatNanPlus Tue 09-Jun-09 10:55:06

Looks interesting and easy to fix, not sure how deep the water will be as it seems to have a hole in the middle of it but i am sure some tape / blister plaster could allow deeper water level

amazonianwoman Tue 09-Jun-09 13:06:02

Hmm, good idea in principle but I reckon my kids would dislodge it pretty quickly, or scoop all the water into the empty side. Guess it depends how old they are??

I just bath them every other night rather than every night - cuts water use by half grin

nicolamumof3 Tue 09-Jun-09 18:46:23

how old are they? i used mothercare bebe pod that was good for my then 9m old and 2.5yr old.

ramonaquimby Tue 09-Jun-09 18:51:08

is pretty gimmicky - how full do you fill up the bath for the kids?! I just fill up a few inches for 2 little ones.

susiey Tue 09-Jun-09 19:27:49

I used a lay down plastic bath support up till about 7 months then changed to a proper bath seat till my ds could sit on his own easily

amidaiwish Tue 09-Jun-09 19:31:48

do you have twins or a toddler and baby?

LauraN1 Tue 09-Jun-09 21:29:58

My prob really is that our bath is quite big, ie long. So, when I have a long, long shower and put the plug in, I still only manage to fill the bath a couple of centimeters. That's why I think that filling it up every night would be just such a waste of water.

I currently use a supabath and it's one-in-one-out, but they have so much fun splashing around together. They are 1 and 3 years old.

In the meantime I'm tempted to get this:
http://www.uk.florever.eu/plastic-troughs-standard/plastic-trough-rectangle.html
I'm looking at 93 x 36 cm, and that's pretty expensive!

Thanks for all your input so far!
L

newlark Sun 14-Jun-09 21:48:34

I'd be interested in any suggestions too - I bath ds (8 mths) and dd (2.5 yrs) one after the other in the baby bath to save water but now ds is sitting up better I think they would enjoy splashing together.

MrsMagoo70 Thu 18-Jun-09 21:30:01

Have bought one of these and used it for the first time this evening with a one year old that also uses a bath seat.
The first time I put it in place it collapsed as the bath filled, but I think that was due to me not positioning it correctly. It worked perfectly during his bath and seems like it should be a good buy, although it's too early to say how long it will work for!
The 'hole' that was mentioned is so that the bath can't be overfilled for very young babies, but the dam comes with rubber plugs to fill the hole as the child gets older.
Not sure how well it will stand up to older children pulling/leaning on it, but so far so good.
Got ours from thatcuteage.com for £28.37 inc delivery, and it arrived in under 24 hours, so would recommend them. Should hopefully get the money back in water saved in no time.

tamz101 Mon 02-Aug-10 19:42:19

hi mrsmagoo70
i am also thinking of getting one of these - my bath is wide (75cm) - how wide is your bath? would the baby dam fit a wide bath or is it only for standard size baths?
thanks

ColdCottage Sat 25-Jul-15 20:12:40

Any options on the old blue style verses the new green and white one?

ColdCottage Sat 25-Jul-15 20:14:10

*Opinions not options!

ColdCottage Sun 26-Jul-15 11:29:40

Bump for Sunday crowd help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now