Talk

Advanced search

need a blackout blind..? Get the new Gro anywhere blind

(38 Posts)
shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 16:51:46

Shown here.

Its fab! Only just released (mine delivered today) and the odea is that it can be used in the bedroom and taken away when travelling. Not used it outside the home yet BUT mainly bought for use in dd's room (love so much now getting one for ds..)

It fits to the window with suckers and has a adjustable bit (similar to whats used in kids clothes around the waist band) so can be used for any window wide or high.

Brill idea grin.

We had blackout blinds that were attached with velcro BUT although also fab
We found that once you "opened" the blind it did tend to remove the velcro iykwim...this design means that this won't happen.

Use mn discount and get 10% off. rrp £29.99.

doggiesayswoof Mon 08-Jun-09 16:58:04

That looks fab.

With ds currently waking between 4.30 and 5am most mornings we need something, and can't afford a proper made to measure blind atm. So I may well be ordering one.

Thanks shhhh grin

suwoo Mon 08-Jun-09 17:00:55

That looks great, thanks shhh.

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 17:01:04

Do it! Like I said, we had one that attached with velcro and loved it BUT on days I wanted light into the room (for airing etc) it pulled the velcro off although I did redo it a few times iykwim...looking at this blind its a better design. Not mega flush to the window BUT just tried and it does block out I guess 95+% of light.

similar price iir to the velcro one as well.

difficultdecision Mon 08-Jun-09 19:48:12

it's a baa baa blind isn't it? looks the same

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 20:20:21

No idea what they are dd....off to check/google them now.

BEAUTlFUL Mon 08-Jun-09 20:23:10

how do I get mn discount?

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 20:23:15

ah,just found it. Yes, it look them same. Different design (prob bit more grown up iykwim) but very similar.

Same price, although you get 10% discount via mn if order with bumpto3..

blowninonabreeze Mon 08-Jun-09 20:24:36

What a shame. I knew (through another forum) the woman who came up with the baa baa blind a few years ago.

That product just looks identical.

Have had a baa baa for a few years and agree tis fab.

Freddysteddy Mon 08-Jun-09 20:30:37

Thanks for this, what's the promo code to get the mn discoun t?

Freddysteddy Mon 08-Jun-09 20:31:50

Ok just looked it up.

It's MUMW8 if anyone else is interested.

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 20:34:58

glad you found it freddy.

I should be on commission from bumpto3 grin.!!

suwoo Mon 08-Jun-09 21:14:37

That looks like dodgy ground if the baa baa inventor was first- they are identical!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 08-Jun-09 21:22:31

Our baa baa blind has been great - hope the lady who came up with the original idea has patented her it as this looks too much the same to me.

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 21:23:05

BUT suwoo, products can be copied (i think after a few years on market..?)...or maybe the person that held the patent for baa baa sold it onto gro..?

suwoo Mon 08-Jun-09 21:44:34

I don't know anything much about patents. Maybe she has sold it as it is identical? I really didn't think you could actually copy a product exactly though, even down to the carry bag?

shhhh Mon 08-Jun-09 21:51:36

I have no idea either suwoo grin. Just guessing blush.

BUT im sure gro wouldn't copy a product they knew they couldn't...i assume as they are a big company they would know what they can/can't do...

UNLESS they think "hey ho" face the problem when it arises and they have money should a problem arise iykwim..?

jamest Wed 10-Jun-09 20:33:28

Hi there

The new ones are called Gro Anywhere blind and it was previously named Baa Baa Blind - Gro Group bought the rights from the lady that invented the Baa Baa Blind and also has made some improvements too. They are great we have sold them at The Flower Stork since they first came out and used them at home for 3 years too.

Anyway hope that helps dispel any worries about copying etc

We have loads in stock at the moment if anyone is looking for them but they do sell out every summer we have had them.

shhhh Wed 10-Jun-09 21:11:50

Thought that may have been the case. Gro are to big a company to risk anything I guess..

Thanks for that jamest.smile.

Can you do them any cheaper than bumpto3..?grin Better than 10% discount..? grin wink

jamest Wed 10-Jun-09 21:39:45

Yes no problem Use code MUMSNET and we'll do 15%. Thats a siscount of £4.50grin

BikeRunSki Wed 10-Jun-09 21:48:16

I got mine today too. It is fab! I'll let you know if I am still saying that at 5am tomorrow morning!

brokenspacebar Wed 10-Jun-09 21:51:03

that looks fab, thank you shhhh

Debs75 Wed 10-Jun-09 21:56:00

We just used blackout lining and velcroed that to the windowframe. Only cost about £20 and did 4 windows out of that. You can use hooks and curtain wire or eyelets if you want and it works brill

shhhh Wed 10-Jun-09 22:02:54

jamesst,bumpto3 are also offering me free delivery...can you match.?

I have ordered a bit from them in the past and they have offered 10% and free delivery..taking total for blind down to £26.99.. can you beat this.? If so the order is yours grin.

Feel free to CAT/mail me smile.

I do need another (well would like one for ds's room BUT not essential iykwim..)...

There is a credit crunch you know wink grin

Aww glad others have bought them. They really are fab. debs75, we had the same as what you have decribed BUT although a fab idea I found that whenever I took the blind down or pulled a bit open there was a tendancy for the velcro to come with. Good idea as well BUT ime didn't last a long.

shhhh Wed 10-Jun-09 22:06:33

bikerunski, fingers crossed for a lie in grin. LOL, you will prob wake at 5am..thinking..is dc ok hmm. Thats usually what dh does!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now