Talk

Advanced search

Noticeboard with ribbons for girls bedroom (not a great explanation)

(10 Posts)
stressed2007 Mon 08-Jun-09 16:12:47

Does anyone know where to get a nice material noticeboard which has sort of criss cross of ribbins on it where you can put notes/photos behind the ribbons to hold in place. That is a terrible explanation and am hoping someone can imagine what I mean. I want to get something similar for my daughters bedroom so she can slide photos behind etc. If not does anyone know of something to display photos that can go on wall out of way of toddlers hands and which is easy to rearrange and not with pins in case they fall out? Thanks very much

etchasketch Mon 08-Jun-09 16:15:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

steamedtreaclesponge Mon 08-Jun-09 16:15:40

I think I know the sort of thing you mean. Why not make one yourself? All you need is a cork board, drawing pins and some ribbon - just lie the ribbon across in the criss-cross diamond pattern and fasten at the corner of each diamond and the end of each length of ribbon with a drawing pin. Much cheaper than trying to buy one from somewhere and your daughter can choose the ribbon herself to personalise it.

stressed2007 Mon 08-Jun-09 16:19:25

I knew someone was going to suggest that - I really am rubbish when it comes to handy things - I am not making it up my family would back me up on it. I may have to think if I have any "handy" friends.

It is a lovely idea though.

stressed2007 Mon 08-Jun-09 16:20:49

oh yes something lie this

http://www.gltc.co.uk/fcp/product/-/wall%20art/Gingham-Heart-Pinless-Notice-Board/670

JackieNo Mon 08-Jun-09 16:21:15

Tons of different ones here, but not cheap.

stressed2007 Mon 08-Jun-09 16:26:12

oh absolutely beautiful but aren't they expensive.

jamest Wed 10-Jun-09 22:55:32

they are called "french memo boards" - I did make one and it was really easy but by the time I bought a huge bag of waffle which I now have left over and the other bits and bobs from Hobby Craft was not a lot cheaper than buying one (unless you use up extras to make gifts). There are some others on here http://www.frenchmemoboards.co.uk/ not sure of prices though.

NellieTheEllie Wed 10-Jun-09 23:11:25

This is a great web site and has all sorts of sizes, colours and prices.

Qally Thu 11-Jun-09 02:25:59

A woman on Ebay makes them from lots of pretty fabrics, I'd imagine more cheaply. She says she used to supply Laura Ashley.

I got a child's chair from this woman and it is fabulous. Ebay can be great for handmade items - got a wonderful green oak table made by a carpenter, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now