Talk

Advanced search

Nooo my Ryder footrest has snapped- Maclaren expert help please!!

(11 Posts)
brandonsflower Mon 08-Jun-09 12:49:04

As title, my DS kicked his feet on it and one side snapped off, so it's just hanging there sad
What can I do? Is it fixable?
[ hopeful emoticon]
Thanks in advance!

nicolamumof3 Mon 08-Jun-09 14:01:13

I think you can normally order replacements? sometimes they come up on ebay, but i expect parts are expensive from maclaren direct? have you tried them? www.maclarenbaby.com how old is it?

CarGirl Mon 08-Jun-09 14:03:02

Aren't they riveted on?

brandonsflower Mon 08-Jun-09 18:27:38

Thanks nicola, it's about 9 months old- will have a look on ebay now- don't want to have to buy direct from maclaren as I'm moving house and skinted!

Yeah it is riveted on cargirl, it's kind of ripped off on one side, if that makes sense? Can't describe it properly, kind of like ( weird analogy here) if you rip an earing out? ( sorry only example could think of!) blush

CarGirl Mon 08-Jun-09 19:03:31

It should be covered by warranty or did you not register it?

differentID Mon 08-Jun-09 19:05:16

needs to go back for repair.

thisisyesterday Mon 08-Jun-09 19:09:29

if it's only 9 months old then take it back to the shop you got it from and get them to fix it.

I had a similar thing with a pushchair recently but from mamas and papas and they fixed it for free

MatNanPlus Mon 08-Jun-09 19:11:42

Under 1 yr warrenty so take it back to the shop, they may say it is wear and tear but it isn't that is more for worn wheels so push them to get it fixed.

brandonsflower Mon 08-Jun-09 20:01:16

I stupidly didn't register it, but will give them a ring and push my luck!
Thankyou everyone smile

nicolamumof3 Mon 08-Jun-09 21:10:24

should have lifetime maclaren warranty, but i think you should have registered it to get that sad

CarGirl Mon 08-Jun-09 23:38:11

obviously you got it as a gift........very recently........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now