Talk

Advanced search

Pram experts - can you recommend something to fit the bill?

(8 Posts)
sadiemcgrady Mon 08-Jun-09 11:37:02

I have a DD who will be 23 months when my baby is born. We have a Britax Vigour which I love, but she's getting a bit long for the seat (legs are dangling beyond the footrest).

I'm looking for something to fit these criteria

1) Carrycot for newborn and pushchair seat for toddler.

2) Not something like the Bugaboo where the units are built around the same frame. I want to interchange these as I plan to have baby in a sling sometimes and toddler in pushchair. Other times I'll have baby in carrycot and toddler walking or on buggy board.

3) Rear facing seat unit which is long enough to accommodate DD with growing room for about 6-12 months.

4) If possible, not massive! grin

Any suggestions most welcome.

abermum Mon 08-Jun-09 11:46:41

icoo infinity?

sadiemcgrady Mon 08-Jun-09 11:51:29

Do you know if the seat unit's long on that one, abermum? I've seen them online but never up close.

Does anyone know if the toddler step on the M&P Pramette is useable in pram mode?

abermum Mon 08-Jun-09 11:53:55

i can fit a regular sized 5yo in an infinity (with a but of persuasion wink) really nice buggy and you could put a board on the back.

horsemadgal Mon 08-Jun-09 12:09:00

No, you can't use the step when M&P Pramette in pram mode. Very annoying that!

sadiemcgrady Mon 08-Jun-09 12:11:51

Have kiddicare stopped doing the infinity? (I don't like the 'Jeep' branded one) They were all over the place a couple of years ago!

bojangles Mon 08-Jun-09 22:14:56

you could try an emmaljunga - lovely bouncy proper pram for baby and big seat unit for toddler plus rear and forward facing - I am getting rid of mine in black with pink edging if you are interested or look on e bay as you can get some good bargains. x

alison6692 Thu 11-Jun-09 22:06:59

How about the icandy pear - or the icandy peach is due out end of the summer. It takes the maxi-cosi car sear seat / a carry cot or proper toddler seat. Its not cheap though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now