Talk

Advanced search

TP trampolines? anyone got an old or new octagonal?

(11 Posts)
tab Sun 07-Jun-09 22:11:20

Has anyone got a new tp octagonal (space themed names) trampoline. The shape is apparently means that they bounce on the same spot rather than always gravitating to the middle and also the surround is softer than the traditional upright poled ones. We'RE looking for a 10 foot or 12 foot. do you only get 8 foot and 10 foot of trampline for those sizes? Is it worth spending more. There seems to be a huge price difference between the TP ones and one from argos /sainsburys say. Has anyone dismantled one when they've moved for example. is that a total nightmare.

If anyone has one of the newer ones with a softer surround is that great or a pain to put down. The adverts seem to suggest that you would lower the supports when not in use in order to cover.

Sorry so many questions. Any advice would be gratefully recieved. I have three ds's, four, six and a baby so need something sturdy!!

Milliways Sun 07-Jun-09 22:22:22

Could you get to the Active Toy Co where you can bounce in all different sorts? (It's a great free day out)!

We went to buy a TP one (years ago) and ended up spending more on a Supertramp as they were so much stronger and would take adults etc.

No idea about octagonal, but we went for a 12' (circular) for safety, and it's still going strong nearly 7 years later.

Milliways Sun 07-Jun-09 22:23:19

Sorry - it is 14!

tab Sun 07-Jun-09 22:40:51

oh Milliways that looks like a great place! but probably a little far away for us. Its a really good website though - thanks. Have you got a safety surround? and do you just leave it all assembled all year round?

Milliways Sun 07-Jun-09 22:58:15

We have no net as have heard of injuries due to people going mad because of net!

Ours is ip all year round, just have to keep moving it to mow the grass etc, and avoid being under the tree that the pigeons live in!

tab Sun 07-Jun-09 23:52:31

thanks milliways. I really do want to get one. just worried about the fact that we might be moving before christmas. I know kids would love one and I just keep thinking of the long summer hols.

morey Thu 11-Jun-09 22:49:04

Tab. I have just bought and put up the tp saturn (12 foot)trampoline. I chose it due to the soft support and the apparent ease of collapsing the safety enclosure. It took about 5 hours to erect (on my own) and I can see how you can relatively easily collapse the net to put the cover on (but suspect I'll rarely bother).
Kids loved it- looks quite good, and very, very sturdy ad the feet pivot so they can be used if the ground is uneven.The best deal I found was on gardengames web site (£525)- ordered Sat afternoon, delivered Tuesday!
Hope this helps.

viviane Thu 09-Jul-09 20:20:14

hi are you still happy with your saturn trampoline ?? can it take an adult on it ?? i have a disabled 16 years old who would love the bouncy feeling but i will have to go up and bounce her . do you feel the octagonal shape is better than the circular ?? if your kids tried both can you ask them which one they like better.
cannot try any because i live in africa and i will have to ship one over.
love
viv

liath Thu 09-Jul-09 20:26:51

We got an octagonal one from octajump and it was cheaper than TP and it does what it says on the tin - ie the kids stay on one spot. It is pretty robust and has a good safety net. We've had it 2 years and it stays at my parents place for all the cousins to use - it's been a real hit.

tab Thu 09-Jul-09 22:28:40

Oh thanks for those additional comments. I still havent decided. thanks for telling me about the tp saturn morey and for that website. I will look into octajump too.

viviane Thu 30-Jul-09 16:37:03

morey r you still HAPPY WITH YOUR TP TRAMPOLINE ?? CAN IT TAKES ADULTS ??
VIV

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now