Talk

Advanced search

Phil & Ted in a Mini?

(7 Posts)
YesSirICanBoogie Sun 07-Jun-09 13:35:15

Hello. I need a new car and I'm desperately trying to justify a Mini. But with 2 DDs and a husband at 6 feet 5 it may be just a dream! We have a big family car too so if the Phil & Ted I've just ordered will fit in the boot maybe I'll be lucky!

YesSirICanBoogie Mon 08-Jun-09 11:07:41

Shamelessly bumping my own thread....Anyone know a Phil and Ted will fit in the boot of a Mini?

beetlemum Mon 08-Jun-09 16:24:05

i have never tried with a p&t but have long expereince of many types of pram in back of a mini. my guess is no chance! perhaps take pram to dealership and have a go though! good luck!

MrsHappy Mon 08-Jun-09 16:29:32

Not a hope I think.

I have a cheapy fold up mothercare thing and the boot is too narrow to fit it. AFAIK the best buggy for mini drivers is the Petit Star Zia.

TBH you might find a mini too small for 4 people anyway, and a pain with 2 children as it only has 2 doors. The passenger seat has to be quite far forward when there is a child in the seat behind which is not all that comfy for me and I am not tall. I suspect it would be better if we bought a mini child seat but who can be bothered...

YesSirICanBoogie Mon 08-Jun-09 20:49:44

Boo hoo! I suspect I'll end up with something else. Thank you. I haven't received my Phil and Ted yet so I can't test it.
I'll save my Mini dreams for years to come.

beetlemum Mon 08-Jun-09 21:46:48

my hubbys 6 foot 5 mate got in our mini!

MrsHappy Mon 08-Jun-09 21:50:04

Yes, you'd get in (as does my tall DH) but going anywhere far with kids in the back (and thus the passenger seat forward) is not exactly comfy...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now