Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had their sofas professionally cleaned? Was it worth it ? Did it work?

(8 Posts)
PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 09-May-05 20:05:31

We have 2 sofas which now are looking very grubby. They need professional cleaning (have spot cleaned a few times but always leaves tide marks).

If you've had it done, how effective was it?

There's cumulative toddler grime from nosebleeds, toileting accidents etc etc, all of which I've done my best with, but I'm hoping that professional cleaning will restore them to looking decent.

lunavix Mon 09-May-05 20:06:34

Yes... last time we had them done was when we had a carpet cleaner in (cehm dry, also do upholstery)

was really good, plus they guarantee it.

LIZS Mon 09-May-05 20:08:09

We did a few years back and it did make a difference but also showed up how we'd really left it too long and the fabric had worn in the meantime.

coldtea Mon 09-May-05 20:32:08

I had two childrens sofa chairs done today. My dd's was really filthy & they've come up perfect. I used the same company i use that clean my stairs & landing carpet.

PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 09-May-05 20:45:38

Which company was it coldtea? If I can find out the cleaning system they use, I can find people who use the same in my local area.

coldtea Mon 09-May-05 21:11:00

There called Homefresh. If you wanted to CAT me i could give you their number. If you go ahead don't look at the water after!

PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 09-May-05 21:25:28

Thanks everyone .

coldtea, thank you - I'll CAT you.

stitch Mon 16-May-05 23:01:08

no. found it was much cleaner when took the cushion covers off and washed in the machine, even though it says professional clean only on them.
waste of money in my oppinion

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now