Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is the best toaster?

(22 Posts)
Wigeon Sun 07-Jun-09 09:29:57

My life and DH's life would be significantly better if we didn't have a toaster which toasts one half of the bread more than the other, and the top half more than the bottom half, so that you pop the toast up part way through the toasting and turn it around, then forget to pop it up again, so it burns.

Does such a thing exist as a toaster which doens't burn toast?

Recommendations please!

[and am counting my blessings that practically the worse thing in my life is our crappy toaster...]

FigmentOfYourImagination Sun 07-Jun-09 09:33:30

Dualit

Wigeon Mon 08-Jun-09 19:01:16

Thanks FigmentOfYourImagination!

Bump - any others?

messageinabottle Mon 08-Jun-09 19:05:12

Don't know but would love to know [bump]

I put up with it because ours is a £5 value toaster

I've read bad reviews of Dualit??? I wouldn't mind paying the £££ for a Dualit but if it toasted bread the same as my £5 cheapy I'd be very peeved!

puffling Mon 08-Jun-09 19:05:49

Rowlett. Never seen one till I was in hospital having dd. It made cheap bread taste like manna from Heaven. Downsides are, they're not trendy looking and they appear to be the only toasters more expensive than Dualit. If you're getting a dualit, only get the catering looking ones. They're probably better than the modern looking ones.

nevergonnapost Mon 08-Jun-09 19:12:07

i love my £5 tesco value toaster though to be honest it does do all the tings you said weightwatchers danish bread seems to have been made for it though...scrummy

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Mon 08-Jun-09 19:15:05

i have a morphy richards - got coz it it does single sided and have had no burning issues wheni have forgot to puton single sided. I was intrigued at one that boils an egga and does toast at same time.......

uptomyeyes Mon 08-Jun-09 19:17:16

My Dualit is 8 years old and is still great. Nothing to go wrong on it and the sandwich cage is really handy smile

Wigeon Mon 08-Jun-09 20:58:57

Dualit in the lead so far then...

Our Tefal Avanti is pretty good. If you're picky, it could do with being an inch or 2 taller to really toast the top of a large slice.

PavlovtheCat Mon 08-Jun-09 21:57:55

The grill. Never had toast as good as under my mother's grill.

oopsacoconut Mon 08-Jun-09 22:02:51

Dualit hands down and we are hard on toasters in this house!

smugmumofboys Mon 08-Jun-09 22:07:07

My friend just bought a rather posh Magimix one (it's silver, Dualitish and ££££). She is positively evangelical about it.

aristocat Mon 08-Jun-09 22:14:20

just bought a new breville and its brilliant

trixymalixy Tue 09-Jun-09 13:45:34

I'm not overly impressed with my Dualit.

I'm sure it'll last forever, but it doesn't toast particularly evenly.

Doozle Tue 09-Jun-09 13:46:59

Love the dualit, always toasts evenly in this house.

lizzy77 Tue 09-Jun-09 17:26:57

Dualit are supposed to be the best but I think they tend to break quite easily.

blametheparents Tue 09-Jun-09 17:28:57

I have a Dualit and have had it for 8 years. I also have a DS who is a toast monster so it gets a lot of use!

trixymalixy Tue 09-Jun-09 23:24:22

Dualits are pretty indestructible.

Mine must be well over 10 years old. plus even if they do break you can just buy replacement elements and other bits for them.

I must have a dud one if everyone elses toasts evenly though.

Wigeon Wed 10-Jun-09 19:33:09

Thanks everyone! Think it's a Dualit by some way...

Thelongroadhome Wed 10-Jun-09 21:06:48

I have a dualit and work in the NHS and they have them - apparently because they are so reliable. So, another vote for Dualit from me....

Qally Thu 11-Jun-09 02:30:26

Dualit. My college at Uni supplied the student digs with them because they never break - they're industrial, cafes and restaurants use them. Ours is 5 years and still fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now