Talk

Advanced search

Mobile Phone deals...

(7 Posts)
EccentricaGallumbits Sun 07-Jun-09 09:24:45

I need a mobile (mine got stolen)

DD1 needs a mobile (lost hers 'accidentaly'

DD2 needs a mobile (off to big school in september)

How do I go about choosing 3 different phones / packages?

would do Pay as you go and perhaps give the DDs a set amount each month towards top ups.

Or is there a better / easier way?

Wilts Sun 07-Jun-09 09:32:05

Both me and Ds1 are on pay as you go with o2 ,we have a sim that gives us 300 free text per month with a £10 top up. This works really well as we both use the text then run down the credit, so really only top up every two months.

At the moment o2 have a really good bolt on for families which would be good for all three of you. You pay £7.50 per month and nominate five o2 numbers and it gives you unlimited, calls, text and picture messaging between the numbers.

Ds has his phone topped up by me because I wanted him to have a phone when he started secondary school in September as he goes out of catchment. The deal is though that I will only top it up by the £10 per month and if like this month when he purchased lots of ring tones hmm he has to wait until top up time for credit again.

EccentricaGallumbits Sun 07-Jun-09 09:39:04

blush what's a bolt on>? is that a sort of linked deal?

does anyone do a package for 3 people - ie. pay all at once for everyone? or would I have to do each separately?

and if i go to carphomne warehouse will they bamboozle me with technical terms and rip me off?

Wilts Sun 07-Jun-09 09:46:48

A bolt on is a deal o2 offer such as the one above, or it could be one you have for calls while you are abroad etc. You are not tied into it, they just take the money from your credit and you can pick and choose if you want them or not.

Clear as mud me wink

Not sure about Car phone Warehouse, have you looked on Money Saving expert? they have a really good phone section in the forum.

nappyaddict Sun 14-Jun-09 10:37:39

Talk mobile do a good deal through carphone warehouse. £8.49 a month and you get 100 minutes and 100 texts. If you find that's not enough you can upgrade to the next tariff month by month.

girlylala0807 Sun 14-Jun-09 10:58:42

I was sent a link to a website that did great offers.

Some of them you get a free Wii with contract)

Hang on. will get link

girlylala0807 Sun 14-Jun-09 11:03:01

Here

www.mobiles.co.uk/index.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now