Talk

Advanced search

stroller confusion

(18 Posts)
mawihtec Fri 05-Jun-09 12:39:57

hi there i am a stay at home dad and have a georgus soon to be 1yr old boy been using silver cross 3d travel system and loved it but now need to get a lightweight stroller for shopping etc as the 3d is just too bulky for our car i know everybody rates the maclaren xt but what i am after is something that is very easy to steer one handed lightweight not too bulky (we have a little polo car) preferably one handed collapse but not essential and does**not cost the earth about 70-80 quid max (if more expensive could try to find on e-bay) any suggestions would be much appreciated thanks in advance

sazm Fri 05-Jun-09 14:04:53

quinny zapp,you could get a second hand one for that price,
not one hand fold though,and doesnt recline,but if its just a little stroller you need,i loved mine,

naomi83 Fri 05-Jun-09 14:07:40

maclaren volo? no recline, but the best lightweight there is

burningupinspeed Fri 05-Jun-09 14:10:21

Zapps are no good IMO if you're tall.

Maclaren Quest? I love it, steers easy, can push one-handed, light, reclines, easy to fold...

Am amazed you've got on with the 3D for so long, anything you replace it with will feel so light and like a dream!

tutu100 Fri 05-Jun-09 14:12:55

I have had a polo and now have a golf. I found the easiest strollers to push one handed are ones with a bar handle, not 2 seperate handles.

I had a graco mirage and loved it. Very lightweight but sturdy and we really abused ours and it lasted for 3 years. You can store a lot of shopping in the basket and it reclines flat. We then bought a Mamas and Papas aria when the Graco died. Again it is lightweight, but I don't like it quite as much as the graco because it has a floating harness, doesn't lie flat and the handle is slightly lower than the graco.

Both of these can be bought within your budget new or you can get great bargains on ebay or at car boots.

Nahui Fri 05-Jun-09 19:36:36

Message withdrawn

TheNatty Fri 05-Jun-09 19:45:16

here

expensive but worth it, it really will do you ages, as its quite high up, my three year old fits easily with room.
however it is not bulky, buses are dead easy to get on, its not too wide to get though the narrow gap down the middle of some buses.

you could prob get one 100 second hand.

it has an option of handles or bar with a piece that comes in and out, it reverses and forward faces, it folds easy and dead small.

its fabby!

5inthebed Fri 05-Jun-09 20:04:15

What about a Baby Jogger City Mini like this? Fab little pram, just pull the strap in the middle of the seat and it folds. One hand fold, really light to push, great all round. About £190 new, but quite a few on Ebay atm. I have one, an can't praise it enough!

5inthebed Fri 05-Jun-09 20:04:56

OOps, should say one hand push not fold.

mawihtec Mon 08-Jun-09 09:11:56

thanks for you advice i must admit i am tempted by the maclaren volo or by the graco mirage
i guess the best thing is to see which one my DS takes to he can be quite discerning lol

Tommy Mon 08-Jun-09 09:15:07

agree that a bar handle rather than 2 handles is easier to oush one handed. We have a Graco Boots.com was the cheapest I could find

mawihtec Mon 08-Jun-09 09:21:20

does anyone have experiance with the combi urban matik as this seems like a cheap alternative to the slightly more expensive big brand names

bump09 Mon 08-Jun-09 10:27:03

Message deleted

hettie Mon 08-Jun-09 13:22:39

second it needing to be all one handle if you need to push it with one hand

nicolamumof3 Mon 08-Jun-09 14:03:31

I would definitely try the quest imo you will need the legrest and adjustable backrest for a 1yo. they are lovley sturdy but light buggies. great raincovers easy to use and fold (even by grandparents!)

bump09 Mon 08-Jun-09 14:28:53

Message deleted

pramspotter Tue 09-Jun-09 09:28:18

The Graco Mirage is really underated I think.

mawihtec Thu 11-Jun-09 08:58:56

thank you all for your advice went to brent cross yesterday and tried both the quest and mirage my DS was much happier in the mirage (i liked them both) so we went with the mirage it was 87.00 so pretty much on budget and they even carried it to my car for me so good cust service as well came with raincover but no footmuff very happy with it so thank you all for your advice it was invaluable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now