Talk

Advanced search

Tandem Strollers...

(9 Posts)
laurawantsababy Fri 05-Jun-09 11:02:40

Dc2 is due in January and dd will be 18mo then. We have fallen in love with the Phil and Teds sport but as we already have an expensive Mutsy that I want to keep I am reluctant to spend a lot of money again.

So, I have been looking at other options -

This one or This one

I am 5ft 10 and dp is slightly taller so the handle needs to be quite high. Does anyone have one of these? Are they good? Are they comfy for a newborn? Thanks.

missusp Fri 05-Jun-09 18:42:43

Hi, I don't know about the 2 you've suggested but if you like the look of the P&T but not the cost what about the Obaby XI Tandem this

Nahui Fri 05-Jun-09 19:27:47

Message withdrawn

laurawantsababy Fri 05-Jun-09 19:41:02

Thanks. I did look at the Obaby tandem but if Im going to keep my Mutsy I wont have space for that. I will have to look for a shop that stocks them I think.

pebbles79 Fri 05-Jun-09 20:00:24

What Mutsy do you have? Could you not get the Duo Seat for it?

Ceolas Fri 05-Jun-09 20:05:25

I haven't seen the Obaby Apex, but I did try out the Cosatto. (Have been doing major research into double buggies recently!) Did you put your DD in it to try? I thought it was heavy to steer although my DD is 21 months just now (22lbs).

Also, the front seat doesn't recline at all. Does your DD sleep in her buggy now?

I did think it looked comfy for a newborn though.

Umlellala Fri 05-Jun-09 20:21:35

I have one of these. Used once, seemed good, umbrella fold, small... but tbh I use sling + single buggy, or buggyboard. And has too tall handles for me (I am 5ft 2).

Is just like the Duet Lite but lighter, and the front seat reclines.

Mine is in the loft with all accessories, would consider selling - make me an offer!

(Phil and Teds is a great double though grin)

laurawantsababy Fri 05-Jun-09 21:18:37

I have the 4 rider Mutsy chassis so the duo wont fit.

I had thought about a sling and single but it will be winter so would rather the baby was all snuggled up.

Dd does sleep in her buggy a lot now so one that reclines would be handy.

Nightmare! At least we have plenty of time to try them out. Hopefully a new one will come on the market that is small but reclines!

Umlellala Fri 05-Jun-09 21:27:53

Winter is best time for sling IMO - baby is all snug and warm against you. And you get a hot water bottle to warm your hands against too grin

The Jusonne one I linked to, is small and reclines...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now