Talk

Advanced search

What do you get a 16 year old boy (who has everything) for his birthday?

(5 Posts)
PrammyMammy Fri 05-Jun-09 10:48:32

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but it is all i could think.

Does anyone have any gift ideas for a 16 year old boy?
It is my brothers birthday on Sunday (SUNDAY!!) and i still have no idea what to buy him. He will be 16, and the gift will be from dp, ds, and myself.
The thing is, he is one of those teens who have everything. He has a ps3, xbox, wii, psp, and he has mountains of games for them (so i wouldnt know what game to get him that he doesn't have) He has a paper round and is always washing the cars , cutting grass, walking old neighbours dogs etc for extra money so he buys things when he wants them.
His bedroom has a drum kit, electric guitar, huge TV, dresser with numerous bottles of designer aftershaves. He is right into clothes at the moment and that is what my parents are buying him as a gift, because 'that is all he has asked for'. BUT it is all stuff from designer boutiques and really expensive brands that you can't even buy without traveling into the city. I will be going in tomorrow, but don't have a clue where to start.
I've asked him and he shrugs his shoulders teenager style.
Would money in a card be too impersonal for a 16th? How much do you give someone of this age?
I really don't have a clue lol. Mumsnetters please help.

JustBe Fri 05-Jun-09 11:07:29

Morning PrammyMammy,

Does he enjoy going to gigs?

Just a thought but you can buy a gift type card from Ticketmaster that you can use towards any concert or events.

CMOTdibbler Fri 05-Jun-09 11:09:58

I buy the older nephews and niece iTunes vouchers (can get in WhSmith, Sainsburys, Argos etc). They seem to really like it, and we give them 20 quid for normal birthdays, 50 for 15/18/21

lisad123 Fri 05-Jun-09 11:12:29

any chance his looking at getting moped? Could you maybe pay for his test? Money is always good, music vouchers, or tickets for things like alton towers, ect.

PrammyMammy Fri 05-Jun-09 11:31:54

Thank you all!
JustBe. That is a great idea. He is very into music. He even took my ticket too see the sex pistols in 07 because i was too pregnant. (i still hear about it to this day envy)
He has an iphone and always seems to be blasting music, so the itunes card is also good.
Why didn't i think of these lol.
Lisa, don't have a clue, there is a moped in the shed but he hasn't shown any signs of wanting it yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now