Talk

Advanced search

Are there such things as disposable baby bottles?

(18 Posts)
Spaceman Fri 05-Jun-09 09:09:07

Going on holiday and can't be bothered with all the sterilising etc so thought someone may know of some sort of system or pack where I can just chuck out the teat and bottle when finished.

burningupinspeed Fri 05-Jun-09 09:10:28

I have read on here that Boots sell single-use sterilised bottles.

savoycabbage Fri 05-Jun-09 09:10:30

Yes, I have seen them at Boots.

MrsMattie Fri 05-Jun-09 09:12:47

Yes, I've seen them in hospitals. They are basically a plastic pouch attached to a teat. I'm pretty sure you can only get them already filled with formula milk, though...?

How old is your baby? Unless very tiny or prone to dodgy tummy, I would just sod the sterilising and bring Fairy liquid and a bottle brush and make sure there is a kettle in your room + give them a good handwash with hot water.
I also use the readymade cartons of formula when going on hols. Makes your suticase heavy, but who can be faffed with making up bottles on hols?

Spaceman Fri 05-Jun-09 09:14:46

Cheers all, those hospital ones are what I'm after. Do they sell them in the shops?

Buda Fri 05-Jun-09 09:14:51

Yes. Boots do them. They are not cheap though from what I remember.

You can also get sterilising bags in Mothercare I think. I used them a few times and it was fine and fairly easy. You can hang them up.

Another time we went away I bought a large tupperware type box with a lid and packed it with the paraphanalia need with a baby and then used it to sterilise stuff and then store things in a sterile environment. It wasn't too much hassle.

saadia Fri 05-Jun-09 09:15:48

I bought some several years ago when ds2 was a baby and still have them, but I would agree with MrsMattie. When ds2 was four months old we went away and I just washed his bottles in the hotel bathroom with very hot water.

5inthebed Fri 05-Jun-09 09:19:04

Here. They are quite pricey though.

Flower3545 Fri 05-Jun-09 09:19:30

Tommee Tippee make them, I think you can get single ones or packs of 4.

There are some on ebay but I have no idea how to do a link sorry.

Spaceman Fri 05-Jun-09 09:31:18

Buda/Saadia; can I ask if the bottles you used already had formula in them i.e. were they just empty bottles, or were they the pre-filled pouches MrsMattie mentions used in hospitals? I'm particularly looking for the pre-filled pouch with a teat on the top.

CurryMaid Fri 05-Jun-09 09:32:33

Mothercare do bags of about 10 for about 8 quid I think, the tommee tippee ones.

diedandgonetodevon Fri 05-Jun-09 09:37:06

Tommee tippee ones from Boots are really cheap. Bought some yesterday and they are five for £2.93.

Buda Fri 05-Jun-09 09:56:59

The ones I used were not pre-filled. I get what you are after now. Have only seen those ones in hospitals.

How old is your baby?

saadia Fri 05-Jun-09 10:38:25

The ones I had were not pre-filled either, I have never seen pre-filled ones available comercially.

CurryMaid Sun 07-Jun-09 14:11:59

Spaceman I've seen SMA packs of pre filled bottles (though they are glass I think) in Boots.

Shockingly expensive though I think.

NeedaNewName Sun 07-Jun-09 14:25:37

I have seen the plastic bottles (not ones pre filled though) and they are shit - leak everywhere. At first I thought it was me and I'd put the lid on badly (once on you can't take it off) so tried another, made sure it was on properly this time - still crap. I personally wouldn;t waste your money and would do as someone else suggested - large tupperwear box with all the water steriilising stuff - have a good holiday

FabulousBakerGirl Sun 07-Jun-09 14:29:27

Boots and Asda sell them.

They are called Steribottles.

You ahve to be careful when putting the ring and teat on as you only get one chance and it can be a bit tricky.

hettie Sun 07-Jun-09 14:39:05

mme- what about using a cold water sterilising method. All you need is a large sealable freezer bag (you know like the zip lock ones) for putting the water in (or alternativley whatever plastic container you can find on holiday). Then take some Milton sterlising tablets. With the milton ones you can pull the bottle and teats straight out of the sterilsing water and use without rinsing......
to sterilise just pop rinsed out bottles in the water and add a tablet- leave for a few hours (ie between feeds) and there you go. Tablets aren't expensive I don't think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now