Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with two in cloth and a Phil and Teds? Which changing bag do you have?

(19 Posts)
norktasticninja Thu 04-Jun-09 22:00:09

Save me from my mire of indecision, please wink

BeehiveBaby Thu 04-Jun-09 22:04:07

I did smile.

I mainly used the P&T panniers, they are fantastically roomy and can be transfered to other buggies too. A bag over the handle bars needs to be very short/ squat to not get in the way. A friend had one that was meant to be a lunch bag I think, from Habitat. Not big enough for cloth though.

norktasticninja Thu 04-Jun-09 22:11:25

I suspected I might need to go for some sort of saddle bag arrangement. The P&T ones seem a bit 'messy', do they have compartments?

I wondered about Skip Hop Saddle Bags... Not sure if they'd be room enough (assuming I'd use two).

PresidentTaylor Thu 04-Jun-09 22:15:47

I did (one is now out of nappies but still needs a change of trousers just in case!). I use a small rucksack if out and about. For shorter trips I just put a nappy or two in the basket, tucked into the net bit, with a few cloth wipes and a wet bag.

norktasticninja Thu 04-Jun-09 22:20:28

I don't tend to take all that much stuff out with me either. I meant to link to those Skip Hop saddle bags...

belleymum Fri 05-Jun-09 13:56:31

I have the panniers and never use them.
I use a Boots wipe clean toiletry bag (from a set of 3) instead and fit it in the bottom of the pushchair.
I would be in a bit of trouble if they needed more than one nappy change each though.

belgo Fri 05-Jun-09 13:58:26

I do the same as presidenttaylor. No need to buy a special bag.

BeehiveBaby Sat 06-Jun-09 15:22:27

skip hops saddle bags are suprisingly roomy for their tiny size but worlds apart from the p and t panniers. I do all my shopping on foot though and often spend the whole day out so need lots of space.

belleymum Sun 07-Jun-09 10:38:15

I've just had a look at the Allerhand bags mentioned, they look so good I might go for one myself now.

Washersaurus Sun 07-Jun-09 10:45:53

I had two in cloth and just used one of the pannier bags as they hold so much - I tended to carry onesize nappies that would suit both of them to cut out the bulk.

I do sometimes ditch the panniers in favour of a daysack especially if going around town as the panniers do get in the way a bit.

thesockmonsterofdoom Sun 07-Jun-09 10:46:31

I used the panniers, also have an eastpak back pak the type that students always have.

rowrowrowyourboat Mon 06-Jul-09 23:06:01

Hi, just wondering whether you tried the saddlebags in the end as I am current facing the same problem, No2 due next month. The other possible I'm looking at is the Babymel X2 if the bags could be fitted on the side but I need to actually see it to figure that out. Any further suggestions or advice would be welcome as I'm now starting to panic wink

4andnotout Tue 07-Jul-09 08:09:08

I have 2 in cloth and use a skip hop saddlebag (in pink camo to match pink camo p&t) for quick trips out and a skip hop duo (again in pink camo) for days out, i either attatch it the handle bars or if i have the bumper bar on i hang it from the side like a pannier.

I did have panniers but they were too bulky and made the pushchair too wide, the saddlebags

4andnotout Tue 07-Jul-09 08:09:53

The saddle bags are nice and slim and add no extra width

accessorizequeen Tue 07-Jul-09 10:07:12

There is a p&t bacpac which is designed to attach to it. I have one, but no p&t! called bacpac x I think, try amazon. Quite roomy although not quite big enough for my needs as I have twins.

rowrowrowyourboat Tue 07-Jul-09 13:45:39

I was hoping that if I got a pair of the saddlebags that would take most of what I need for the day. Do you think that you could get three or four nappies in one and a spare vest and sleepsuit?
If the saddlebags don't work than I'm going to have to get a backpack but I'm trying to avoid having too carry much myself as I have a bad back.

Indith Tue 07-Jul-09 13:55:48

just a normal rucksack, it fits in the basket fine. I often just take a minki grab and go though especially for shorter trips, can happily get 3 terry squares in and a sleepsuit as a change of clothes for the baby.

4andnotout Tue 07-Jul-09 15:52:00

I can get 4 itti's, a tupperware tub of wipes, and purse, mobile, keys, juice cup and dummies in one saddlebag which would leave another free for vest sleepsuits bibs etc.

4andnotout Tue 07-Jul-09 15:52:01

I can get 4 itti's, a tupperware tub of wipes, and purse, mobile, keys, juice cup and dummies in one saddlebag which would leave another free for vest sleepsuits bibs etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now