Talk

Advanced search

ikea aneboda bedroom furniture- anyone got it?

(12 Posts)
abermum Thu 04-Jun-09 20:43:17

I'm looking for cheap and cheerful deep drawers to use in our bedroom until i decide where the fitted wardrobe system will eventually go grin.

We bought cheapies from argos- and the drawers were too shallow and they fell apart before dh had finished putting them together hmm

So anyone got in particular the 3 drawer chest and the wardrobes?

SoupDragon Thu 04-Jun-09 20:48:50

DS2 has this and this in his bedroom. They seem really good - the drawers are nice and deep and it all seems sturdy enough. I guess a downside is that you can see through the ribbed plastic bit so it can look a bit messy.

abermum Thu 04-Jun-09 20:51:33

thank you soupy- i can justify the trip to cardiff then!, i could put a coloured piece of card behind the plastic to stop the messy see-through ness grin!

Ikea here we come, credit card beware!

SoupDragon Thu 04-Jun-09 20:54:41

They seem surprisingly sturdy for the price Unfortunately, they discontinued the beech version as DS2 could do with a proper wardrobe now.

Fabric and a staple gun would work too.

SoupDragon Thu 04-Jun-09 20:55:50

You will need to attach them to the wall - the drawers can pull the cabinet over if you open them all at the same time [sigh]

abermum Thu 04-Jun-09 20:56:34

are the drawers on metal runners?

smurfgirl Thu 04-Jun-09 20:59:10

We have the chest of drawers and they are very sturdy and look nice. Can get LOADS of junk in them too.

smurfgirl Thu 04-Jun-09 20:59:44

Runners are metal yes.

abermum Thu 04-Jun-09 21:01:01

oooh- looking forward to going now!!

YanknCock Thu 04-Jun-09 21:01:08

We had the wide three drawer chest in our old flat. Major problem with it was that the bottom of the drawers kept falling out, couldn't take the weight of all the linens we stored in it! It was held together with duct tape.

Also have the little three drawer chest and that is wonderfully sturdy.

brimfull Thu 04-Jun-09 21:04:42

we have the tall one ,four drawers I think

s'ok I suppose but the drawers stick a bit

duckyfuzz Thu 04-Jun-09 21:08:38

we have the 3 drawer chest and 2 wardrobes, they have lasted more than 5 years and although the drawers are a bit flimsy and the wardrobes are buckling under the weight of too many clothes, they are well worth the money and even worth a trip to ikea wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now