Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

One mumsnetter - one vote. Which pushchair would you get for a newborn and why?

(98 Posts)
ScummyMummy Thu 04-Jun-09 20:17:58

I'm completely confused and want to be told what to do! Tell me. Imagine you had a newborn suddenly delivered tomorrow and no buggy in the house. Which one would you buy? Why?

differentID Thu 04-Jun-09 20:18:35

what's the budget?

burningupinspeed Thu 04-Jun-09 20:19:56

I'd get either a Maclaren suitable from birth, or a Bugaboo Bee as that would do to at least 18 months (longer if you don't have a big baby like mine )

silverfrog Thu 04-Jun-09 20:19:58

Inglesina Otutto.

lies flat for newborn (in old fashioned pram manner)

can be forwar or rear facing

nice and roomy when dc get a bit older, but seems cosy when they are small.

easy to push/steer

ScummyMummy Thu 04-Jun-09 20:19:58

Whatever your budget would be.

luxlisbon Thu 04-Jun-09 20:27:56

Can I be controversial and suggest you get two?? A really good umbrella fold that you use for years and years (eg. Maclaren from birth, Techno XT or Techno XLR) and a cheap and cheerful travel system for convenience. After a few months the umbrella fold will get used more and more and you'd be glad you hadn't blown the lot on a really expensive travel system.

If I was choosing again now, I'd get the Maclaren Techno XT, a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix car seat and a Quinny frame to put it on.

NormaSknockers Thu 04-Jun-09 20:32:41

Mamas & Papas Skate or Quinny Buzz

differentID Thu 04-Jun-09 20:35:30

I would go with this one

It doesn't have a seperate carrycot to have to store later on, has an adjustable height handle, can be rear or forward facing, choice of colours, the whells come off to fit in smaller boots. It ticks all my boxes.

Rindercella Thu 04-Jun-09 20:36:44

Agree with everything Luxlisbon said.

littlelamb Thu 04-Jun-09 20:37:06

Town or country?
Town- bugaboo bee
Country-mountain buggy

littlelamb Thu 04-Jun-09 20:37:44

ooo luxlisbon am envy of your name. Love that book

changer22 Thu 04-Jun-09 20:38:01

Mountain Buggy Breeze or the Swift. It is the best buggy. Sturdy but light and despite my initial misgivings still fits my hefty size 3 year old!

I do like mine being high up in a proper pram though... I love the Emmaljunga for the first few months (and after if you don't have to get it in and out of the car/on and off buses).

SparklyGothKat Thu 04-Jun-09 20:38:16

Bugaboo Cameleon or frog depending on budget

jellybeans Thu 04-Jun-09 20:38:20

Britax Vigour 3
or
Mothercare quantum 3 travel system

Both big wheels, rear facing etc and reasonable (£300-£400)

drowninginclutter Thu 04-Jun-09 20:38:24

If I had my time over again I'd definitely get one that does front and rear facing. I don't know which one by brand but I wouldn't go with a just forward facing (which is what I did this time around - doh!).

abermum Thu 04-Jun-09 20:38:30

techno xlr

Ronaldinhio Thu 04-Jun-09 20:41:33

mcClaren..you'll end up getting one anyway in the end everyone I knew did so you may as well cut out the starter waste of money pram

They are light easy to fold and carry
Lie flat for a newborn and work just as well as they get older

I have a Phil and Teds that literally gathers dust unused as the McClaren is soooo much better

pebbles79 Thu 04-Jun-09 20:42:11

Mamas and Papas Skate

hettie Thu 04-Jun-09 20:42:17

mountain buggy with carry cot.....
carry cot when new born for the lie flat bit and then simply the best thing ever to push with an older child- manoeverable, fairly light and bullet proof. Ours is on 4th child and still going strong. Now ds is a heavy 2 year old I quake with horror at the thought of pushing anything else.
For the record (with other peoples kids and a few mistakes of my own) I have tried M&P pilko, Jane energy, a bebe confort loola, Mclaren and Phil and Teds.
BUT if you've got a tiny boot and need to transport it in car then it's not so good.

nicolamumof3 Thu 04-Jun-09 20:44:09

m&p herbie (for everyday use), and a three wheeler (muddy walks) and a maclaren (for buses). couldn't just live with one im afraid!

norktasticninja Thu 04-Jun-09 20:44:47

Bugaboo Chameleon. No question.

EachPeachPearMum Thu 04-Jun-09 20:44:57

Hauck Infinity- comes with carrycot for newb times, seat for 6 mo+ and can be forward or rear facing.

hettie Thu 04-Jun-09 20:46:06

sorry should say mountain buggy urban

PeppermintPatty Thu 04-Jun-09 20:46:30

Maclaren XLR

kalo12 Thu 04-Jun-09 20:47:52

mountain buggy urban - so easy so comfy. i love mine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now