Talk

Advanced search

Child's guitar

(6 Posts)
melrose Thu 04-Jun-09 18:55:13

For Christmas i bought DS1 a toy guitar, which was all he had asked for for months. It was crap, strings came loose so quickly you could not possibly play it and in a few weeks they had all snapped or come off. Is his 5th birthday next week and he is desperate for a replacment

so, can anyone recommend a decent child size/ toy guitar which can actually be vaguely tuned and played?

Advice much appreciated

melrose Fri 05-Jun-09 11:50:43

bump

Montifer Fri 05-Jun-09 12:17:36

A wonderful musician friend bought DS a guitar for Christmas, DS was 6 months old!
To our surprise DS loved slapping and strumming it and also biting the strings in a Jimi Hendrix style!
Now age 1 he loves to strum if you 'hold' the chords and squeals with delight when it's played to him.
TBH we laughed at the 'inappropriate' gift for the baby, but it's one of DS favourite things.
The guitar is a beautiful red Guvnor one, it's 1/2 size, big enough for adults to play just about comfortably (maybe not huge handed ones).
It's lovely to have an instrument around that people will pick up and play and it'll be perfect instrument to learn on when DS is big enough.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Fri 05-Jun-09 12:35:44

DD has a half size guitar (she is 5 as well) she loves it.
She was shopping with her dad one day and they passed a music shop that had them in the window.
Nobody in our house can actually play it but both dd and ds love it and so do any children that some into the house.
Not sure about make or anything but if you have a shop that sells instruments near you it would be worht popping in and asking.

cornflakegirl Fri 05-Jun-09 13:35:29

We have bought a couple of [[http://www.amazon.co.uk/Encore-ENC12OFT-Natural-Classic-Guitar/dp/B000SSECIU/ref=sr15?ie=UTF8&s= electronics&qid=1244205087&sr=8-5 these] - one second-hand, one new. They're not amazing, but I think they're good for the money - perfectly tuneable, hold the tuning for a while, the kids like strumming them. I would think it would be suitable for beginner lessons, if ever required (I don't play the guitar, but do play other instruments).

cornflakegirl Fri 05-Jun-09 13:35:59

Sorry - link failure - these

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now