Talk

Advanced search

Baby Bath Support - which one to buy??

(8 Posts)
MiaMamma Wed 03-Jun-09 16:54:34

I don't want to buy baby bath as don't have any space to store it. Would happily do it in the sink but our ones are so tiny. So - will have to bathe baby in the big bath but DH is not keen of doing this. I was thinking of getting bath support, so he'd feel more comfortable. Don't know now which one to get - foam, plastic, fabric one? Does anybody have any experience with any of them? Any suggestions?

EyeballshasBackBoobs Wed 03-Jun-09 16:58:25

I had the foam one in the big bath and dd was fine in it. Was like a big sponge though so tended to absorb the water and sink, which sounds like more of a problem than it was as there was only about a centimetre of water in the bottom anyway so no drowning potential!

Good decision not to buy a bath, huge waste of time and space. I couldn't give mine away quick enough!

CurryMaid Wed 03-Jun-09 16:58:51

We had this when DD was tiny.

Now have this now that she is bigger and sitting up.

No complaints about either, they are both very good.

bagpuss Wed 03-Jun-09 17:01:37

We had the Tigex one which I would really recommend. Ds2 used it from 2 days old up until he was about 8 months iirc.

Seona1973 Wed 03-Jun-09 20:06:49

we also used the tigex ones till ds was several months old so it was a good buy. I found the fabric one a bit rubbish as dd used to slide down it and I had to haul her back up onto it again.

MiaMamma Wed 03-Jun-09 20:53:28

Thanks for your replies!!

sammysamsam Thu 04-Jun-09 00:37:19

hear, hear. tigex all the way.. definately one of my best buys too. i also tried the fabric one and the same happened as with seona's..kept on slipping down.tigex one is 100% hands free. when babies were very young- i used a small towel draped over the seat to make it abit more comfier for bub..used it until baby was about 2months and then used to place them directly on plastic seat.

FAQinglovely Thu 04-Jun-09 00:46:31

I had the tigex (well the one that looks just like it from Mothercare) for DS3 - I hated it as when he was stll tiny (about 2 months old) he managed to slip himself out of it over the end and nearly ended up under the water. After that he kept trying to do it again at every bath time so we ended up having to keep our hand down near his nether regions to stop him flying out again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now