Talk

Advanced search

Wooden swingset - do I have to concrete it in? Is there a swing option without concrete?

(5 Posts)
LadyMuck Wed 03-Jun-09 15:01:58

OK, daft question but want a twin or more swing set for the garden. Do they really need to be concreted in? Which type is most sturdy for boys? What questions should I be thinking of?

saltcod Wed 03-Jun-09 16:04:47

we needed 8 bags of concrete for our twin swing set but you definitely need it I'm afraid. I had a quick go on it before we concreted it in & the whole thing practically lifts out of the ground!

If you don't mind metal rather than wooden, I would go for the TP set because you can keep adding to it. It also has "toddler" height settings depending on the age of your boys.

LadyMuck Wed 03-Jun-09 16:12:29

8 bags?!!

It is beginning to sound like a lot of hassle. The add-on point is sensible one, though the dcs are beyond toddler stage!

Greensleeves Wed 03-Jun-09 16:13:41

ours isn't concreted in, we just plonked it on the grass. It's had assorted children all over it for more than two years now and it's fine.

sazm Wed 03-Jun-09 23:55:36

yep,we bought a wooden ne from toys r us,and its been great, it comes with little wooden stakes you put into the ground,ours are fine,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now