Talk

Advanced search

Advice on a lightweight stroller please!

(22 Posts)
Deanna1977 Tue 02-Jun-09 20:13:24

I am going on holiday on Thursday & I need a lightweight stroller that will not take up too much room in our hire car, I really want a maclaren quest but they are too expensive & I have failed to get one second hand.

My budget is up to £60 and I am limited to Argos (& possibly Mothercare at a push). So can you ladies advise me as to which is the best value of the Argos/mothercare range? I want something lightweight, easy to fold and preferably reclining. I will use it as a second buggy when at home in London & so I need something easy to get on/off public transport.

Here is a link to Argos and Mothercare

Thanks!

CarGirl Tue 02-Jun-09 20:15:04

I would really recommend a volo if you can cope without the recline, most of the others are heavy.

thisisyesterday Tue 02-Jun-09 20:20:32

we got a mothercare jive off freecycle when we went on holiday.
it was absolutely fine and does everything you want.
even if you get one new it's still only £35 i think

Deanna1977 Tue 02-Jun-09 20:21:21

Thanks but thats over budget.

Deanna1977 Tue 02-Jun-09 20:23:29

Thanks Thisisyesterday. I will have a think about that one. Does anyone have any recomendations from the Argos range?

nicolamumof3 Tue 02-Jun-09 20:26:04

if you could stretch to £70 i'd get the mac volo from mothercare they are lovely and light and easy! otherwise i'd get the obaby atlas, i had an atlas vintage as an emergency buggy once, im a true maclaren girl at heart but was v.impressed with the features of the obaby for the money.

nicolamumof3 Tue 02-Jun-09 20:26:47

i'd get the m&p beat from argos. if you have nectar points you can use those at argos too!

CarGirl Tue 02-Jun-09 20:28:02

can you open a mothercare card and get a discount or something?

CarGirl Tue 02-Jun-09 20:28:57

Any volos or triumphs on ebay near you, ask them to add a buy it now? Or gumtree? Or (ssh) NetMums local ads?

nicolamumof3 Tue 02-Jun-09 20:29:20

cargirl i want that volo now!!

CarGirl Tue 02-Jun-09 20:29:28

Graco citisport or mothercare citilite are good holiday buggies if any of them local.

thisisyesterday Tue 02-Jun-09 20:32:39

we have this one at my mum and dad's and it's actually quite nice.
i know it's above budget but as someone else said you can use nectar points if you collect them, or you might be able to find a discount code?

Deanna1977 Tue 02-Jun-09 20:44:05

Thanks guys.

Nicola - the Volo @ £70 is a web exclusive so I couldn't get it delivered in time for Thursday. I am coming round to the idea of the M&P beat though as Argos is easiest to get to & I have nectar points!

Cargirl - I have tried & tried to get Maclarens second hand, but nothing is available or I miss out on the bidding on ebay. A 5 year old quest went for £48 last night! 5 years old!!! Unbelievable.

Thisisyesterday - will have a think about that one too!

5inthebed Tue 02-Jun-09 20:45:18

Do you have a TKMaxx near you? They have volos in for £50/60.

thisisyesterday Tue 02-Jun-09 20:49:16

IME maclarens really aren't worth the extra money tbh.
you can get the exact same thing by different manufacturers for so much less. you're just paying for the name,
i wouldn't shell out £50 or £60 for a volo, which is just a bog standard buggy with no leg rest and no recline.

nicolamumof3 Tue 02-Jun-09 20:51:25

i really do think they are worth it, i've had many many buggies and maclaren quality speaks for itself only brand that offers a lifetime warranty they are lovely to push built to last and sell well. m&p beat at argos would be a good buy tho i think as its reduced.

nicolamumof3 Tue 02-Jun-09 20:53:27

whereabouts are you? and how old is your dc?

nicolamumof3 Tue 02-Jun-09 20:53:28

whereabouts are you? and how old is your dc?

MrsBonJovi Tue 02-Jun-09 20:54:56

Can i just say I have the M & P beat and I cant fault it...love it

MrsBonJovi Tue 02-Jun-09 20:57:46

Didnt the Mamu1 also win some kind of which award?

Deanna1977 Tue 02-Jun-09 21:08:20

I am in South London and my DS is 8 months. I think I wil go for the M&PBeat. It looks really good (seems to have most of the features of a Macquest for a fraction of the price)& I should be able to get it for £60 from Argos. Sorted. Thanks for all your help ladies.

nicolamumof3 Tue 02-Jun-09 21:10:37

yes that would be much better for you than a volo. shame you couldn't get a quest but this will be good im sure! have a lovely holiday x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now