Talk

Advanced search

I want a new blender

(10 Posts)
FabulousBakerGirl Tue 02-Jun-09 14:01:08

When my wedding present one bit the dust I bought a cheap one as I don't use it that often. And everytime I do I regret that I didn't buy a better one. When I drop this one this one breaks, can you recommend a good one please?

TIA

noddyholder Tue 02-Jun-09 14:06:43

I have a kitchenaid which I nearly fainted at the price of when we got it but it is brilliant

FabulousBakerGirl Tue 02-Jun-09 14:11:16

Is that a whole mixer thing though?

I have a mixer already and just need the blender bit.

noddyholder Tue 02-Jun-09 16:06:01

It is a blender will try and find a link.It is v powerful and can do anything

Pinner35 Tue 02-Jun-09 16:13:55

another vote for the kitchenaid blender.....I use it all the time and it's fab. I have the artisan mixer too which is my pride and joy!!

FabulousBakerGirl Tue 02-Jun-09 16:17:33

<goes off to google>

Thank you smile

FabulousBakerGirl Tue 02-Jun-09 16:18:41

<faints at price>

but sooooooooooo wants one. grin

Going rate for a toilet trained 3 year old??

noddyholder Tue 02-Jun-09 16:23:13

grin.It can really do everything!I used it to chop veg and all sorts for soup etc as it just goes in the dishwasher and no faffing about with different bits to wash.

steamedtreaclesponge Tue 02-Jun-09 16:25:39

One hint for blenders - make sure you get one where the lid is fixed into place (i.e. screws/clips on)

My one is sort of rubbery and just slides into place, but if you fill the blender too full it flies off... cue boiling soup everywhere blush

I have to hold it down with my hand encased in an oven glove whenever I use it now <<paranoid>>

FabulousBakerGirl Tue 02-Jun-09 16:25:43

Sold if it goes in the dishwasher!

Do I really need it though? I have a food mixer and just use a blender for making breadcrumbs and blending soft fruits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now