Talk

Advanced search

Jane Twin Two - worth the money or just another bulky tandem?

(4 Posts)
chocolatemousse Tue 02-Jun-09 08:59:30

I am looking for a double pushchair for a 2 year old and newborn. Tried loads. Don't like the Phil & Teds - I want baby to have fresh air above its head, lol!

I liked the Powertwin I tried out in Mothercare apart from the 3 wheel aspect. I find them a bit unsteady going up and down kerbs.

I can't find anywhere nearby that stocks the Twin Two but it looks good. If you have it/have used it do you think it's worth 2-3x the price of say a Graco?

littlelamb Tue 02-Jun-09 09:02:31

My friends one broke after a week's gentle use shock She hated it and swapped it for a side by side which she found too wide and finally decided on a Phil and Ted. If you don't like them for a newborn could you wear the baby in a sling until you can switch to two seats?

chocolatemousse Tue 02-Jun-09 09:06:05

Thanks littlelamb. I did think of that but I guess I want my money's worth! If I can't use the doubles seat until the baby is 6 months, I suspect my 2.5 year old will be walking much more by then.

What happened to it?

littlelamb Tue 02-Jun-09 09:25:50

The front wheel fell off! Jane were really awkward about fixing it, and she was left without a pushchair for a month while they fixed it. She sold it as soon as it came back. ime children can be in the doubles seat from much earlier than 6 months, especially as the seat reclines. I put my ds in one at 4 months and it was fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now