Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Present Ideas for 1 yr old boy who's not interested in toys!

(38 Posts)
littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 20:22:01

It's my ds's first birthday next week and I have no idea what to get him. He has lots of toys but he is very much the kind of baby who is happy with a spoon to bang against things and a magazine to rip up. I know I don't have to get him anything, but am feelign guilty about how much effort I put into dd's first birthday (pfb blush) and I don't want him to not have anything!

notnowbernard Mon 01-Jun-09 20:23:11

An annual pass to your local farm/zoo/adventure park thing?

plimple Mon 01-Jun-09 20:24:06

book

plimple Mon 01-Jun-09 20:24:31

money in an account?

thisisyesterday Mon 01-Jun-09 20:25:49

does he need any clothes? books? a garden toy?

Grattage Mon 01-Jun-09 20:25:57

god yes i alwasy do money
or stacking cups

OR a bottle of champers for you two?!

i did get a mate a happy birthday fabric banner hting that GLTC used to do

littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 20:26:49

plimple, the thing with books is that he eats them hmm Money is the sensible option I suppose. Nowhere I can really buy a pass for locally, though the zoo is an idea. Dd's birthdya is two weeks latr so I could get her one too

Grattage Mon 01-Jun-09 20:27:09

oh no it was from here - didnt look like this then - we get ours out every year

FrannyandZooey Mon 01-Jun-09 20:27:23

paddling pool?

littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 20:28:55

grattage champers is a def. And there is only me, which means twice as much to go round [drunk mummy emoticon] Are you honestly suggesting I buy him bunting?! wink. Stacking cups a good idea. Presumably they are chew proof

littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 20:29:32

hmm, now I see it, it is cute

scottishmummy Mon 01-Jun-09 20:29:34

nice pyjamas
rubber duckies for bath
drssing gown
book

littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 20:30:26

Franny, I have no garden otherwise paddling pool would be a winner. We have a baby cage playpen that we have filled with balls to make a ball pool but it's a piss poor imitation really

FrannyandZooey Mon 01-Jun-09 20:30:33

or you could get him some heuristic play stuff - in drawstring bags - good ones are big tins, lolly sticks, ping pong balls, pine cones, shells, drinking straws, tubes (eg from middle of wrapping paper), small baskets, shoe boxes, curtain rings, mug trees

you get about 50 of the small things and say 5 of the large things
combine different sets
enjoy watching the exploratory play
ta dah

littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 20:31:24

dressing gown
Bets are off. Bless you! Yes, he is sleeping nudie in the hot weather and is too wriggly to get dressed before he spills breakfast down himself. Right, anyone seen any nice ones?

FrannyandZooey Mon 01-Jun-09 20:31:53

should say 50 EACH
the idea is big numbers of each thing - they love mucking about with them and will play happily for ages

littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 20:33:13

franny are you the treasure baskets wonderwoman? I made ds a treasure basket from the stuff in teh 10p box in our local charity shop. Most of it has been chewed to death but it was such a brilliant box of stuff. I might get some more bits to put in it. (Incidentally, I am surprised at how hardy shuttlecocks are. They're the only thing to have survived the teething, and it's not for lack of trying)

plimple Mon 01-Jun-09 20:33:44

Bath toys are often forgotten by other present givers. I think I gave my DD a spinning top for her first birthday. Her favourite present she was given were a pair of maracas.

pointydog Mon 01-Jun-09 20:33:48

a ball. You cannot go wrong with a ball.

A selection of balls of dioffernet sizes and weights would even be fun.

littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 20:34:51

Oo yes yes a ball. Good stuff ladies, keep it coming. Our bath is groaning with bathtoys but it might be nice if he had his own rather than pinching dd's

scottishmummy Mon 01-Jun-09 20:36:26

bath toys
bucket and spade for sand pit
kidorable sunhat frog and bee are sooooooo cute

FrannyandZooey Mon 01-Jun-09 20:37:04

yes LL it is me the wnaky basket pimp
seriously the suggestions for heuristic play sound mad but i would bet he would love them

nicolamumof3 Mon 01-Jun-09 20:39:00

LL i have a lovely white co. dressing gown that my ds2 got for his first bday from john lewis, white towelling with gingham trim very cute for after swimming or bathtime.

some nice chunky wooden trucks or cars, some farm animals, a little trike? elc wooden one is very nice. or a rocking horse/animal?

littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 20:39:12

No franny, not wanky at all. I am fed up of having a living room toy box full of plastic crap that never gets played with. He would love more stuff for his treasure basket. Am lacking in inspiration though.

FanjolinaJolie Mon 01-Jun-09 20:41:58

Push-along wooden trolley.

Pop up house/ball pool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now