Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

baby bath seat

(9 Posts)
biglips Sun 08-May-05 11:32:00

are swivel seats are ok or best to stick to non-swivel seat? (baba is 7 mths old)

MarsLady Sun 08-May-05 11:35:38

I think it can be much of a muchness. I had both. I don't know that they prefer either one. The swivel one allows them to turn around more, but to be honest they seemed to manage to turn anyway. hth

If you are looking for a bath seat I have 1! It's non swivel. I've sold my swivel one.

If you just wanted swivel advice then please ignore the above paragraph. lol

biglips Sun 08-May-05 16:18:59

mars - i dont really what to get... thanks for the offer - ill keep that in mind if you dont mind?.. just want to see whats others opinion are?

toomanypushchairs Sun 08-May-05 16:56:50

Had swivel ones's but always left them in fixed position. Didn't really seem to matter. I'd buy whatever was cheaper.

Cooperoo Sun 08-May-05 17:07:20

I was given a fixed one and we only used it twice. I hated it! Sorry not very constructive really.

Catbert Sun 08-May-05 17:42:01

I used the bath seat that looks a bit like a plastic shoe for non sitting babies. Most fab bath seat in the world IMO about £14 from places like Blooming Marvellous and GLTC. Once they can sit - I found I didn't need to use a seat at all. In fact I was given one, and it was irritating, because knowing there was something behind her back, made DD1 want to lean backwards, whereas she was better just sitting in the bath.

Carameli Mon 09-May-05 09:03:09

I got my(non-swivel) from mothercare and dd loved it. It had huge beads on the front for her to play with and made her so excited about bath time.
I also loved it as it made washing her hair(she has loads) so much easier.

handlemecarefully Mon 09-May-05 09:04:38

A note on bath chairs - my ds managed to heave himself up out of his then sat back down again sandwiching both legs through one leg hole. I thought that I'd need the fire brigage to extricate him. Took several minutes of grappling with slippery baby.

hotmama Mon 09-May-05 09:22:55

My dd is also 7 months. I was using a towel covered support thing from Mothercare that was £8 - was fab and really easy to keep clean.

I now have bought a non-slip bath mat from John Lewis which dd sits on (otherwise she was slipping all over the place) she can now sit happily and splash to her hearts content - but I always have my arm a centimetre from her in case she slips.

I didn't buy a bath support thingy because already have a baby bath, plus towel thingy and only have so much room for baby stuff!

Plus I thought it would help to develop balancing skills etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now