Talk

Advanced search

Phil & Teds dodgy front wheel - any ideas on how to cure?!

(6 Posts)
rachelstephens Sat 30-May-09 22:08:29

Hi, my mum has got a second hand P & T for use at her house but the front wheel keeps going off at a tangent so it is a nightmare to steer.

I bought a second hand for my own use which is brilliant so it can't just be that it is a used pushchair.

I wondered if anyone had had this problem and might be able to help us fix it, it is such a pain that we might not be able to use it for much longer as it can be so difficult to steer.
Thanks for any help you can offer x

misdee Sat 30-May-09 22:13:22

what model is it?

FanjolinaJolie Sun 31-May-09 14:03:37

Try removing it and cleaning the wheel where it goes in both parts and regreasing?

Perhaps there is a build-up of dirt or something there stopping it from swivelling freely.

Or change it to 'locked' instead of swivel for a short-term fix.

rachelstephens Sun 31-May-09 14:52:09

thanks for your tips. it is an e3 but i think a few years old. i bought a second hand e3 which has a front wheel which easily comes off but we couldn't see how to take this one's front wheel off.

how do you lock the wheel FJ? can't see how to do that!

thanks again, really appreciate your help x

FanjolinaJolie Sun 31-May-09 18:18:13

It's a round type of bolt at the back of the frame (well, I had a Sport and that was what it was like). It's on a spring, so you pull it out and turn it to line up with the little hole and a pin goes back into the hole and locks it.

Picante Sun 31-May-09 18:19:27

I think it's designed to do this. I got new ball bearings in the wheel for that very reason and it carried on doing it. V v annoying and I sold it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now