Talk

Advanced search

How will I find out if a rear facing seat fits in our car?

(6 Posts)
Hopefully Sat 30-May-09 21:37:53

We have a fairly tiny car (Renault Clio, not the newest make. Think it's W reg), and we really want to get a rear facing car seat when DS grows out of his maxi cosi - hoping that won't be for a while as he is only 9kg, but he is very long bodied, so might end up over the top of it well before he is up to the weight limit.

So, apart from not even knowing where to begin looking, I'm wondering where we can at least find out whether we can fit a rear facing seat in our car at all, as we'll need to start thinking about replacing the car if it isn't going to happen.

Thanks for any advice!

littleboyblue Sat 30-May-09 21:41:08

Most stores will fit the seats for you. We went to Mothercare, Toys r us and Halfords and they all came out to car to see if seat would fit

sazm Sat 30-May-09 22:08:09

go onto the britax website, and also the maxi cosi on,they have a fit finder where you put in your car details and it will show which fits best,
just make sure theres enough room for you to put your seat back far enough to be able to drive!

nicm Sat 30-May-09 22:37:46

hi, i have had my britax 2 way elite in my mums clio. it fits in the front and rear seats and it's a 3 door clio. ds loves it as he can see out the back window, anything else you'd like to know just ask. hth

Tangle Sun 31-May-09 09:14:23

Talk to the ladies at the Essex in-car road safety team are very helpful both in person and over the phone and have most (possibly all) of the RF Grp1 seats that you can try before you buy. Even if you're no-where near Essex its worth talking to them as they may have tried to fit a seat in your model of car and/or they may be coming to a town near you (I'm in Hampshire and happened to ring just before they came within 5 miles of us - they get hired out to do most of the free car seat safety checks at fire stations - and they brought 3 seats with them for us to try).

You could also join the forum on this website and see if anyone there has had the same problem - the site also has lots of useful info on different brands of seats and where you can buy them.

We've got DD in a BeSafe IziKid in our A3, which isn't huge, and found it to be one of the most compact RF seats on the market.

Good luck

Hopefully Sun 31-May-09 18:57:47

Thanks very much for all the advice, particularly good to know that there's definitely a seat out there that will fit!

Might give the essex people a call.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now