Talk

Advanced search

phil and teds (again!) - am I going for the right one? any offers/deals/best ways to buy?

(12 Posts)
fairimum Sat 30-May-09 21:09:47

to cut a very long story short we are ttc number 2 (DD is just 1), we walk the dogs every day and out in fields at flyball (dog relay!) competitions/training at the weekends, we have had an urban detour 3 wheeler we got 2nd hand on ebay which has been fab, sadly i have managed to shut the boot on it and break/bend part of the wheels (DH made it just about usable for now!) - sooo.... when looking at a replacement we have been recommended the phil and teds... i 'think' we want a sport as can get the doubles bit when number 2 arrives (fingers crossed) and use as a single until then...

I think from all of them the sport seems best in price/features - although a shame cant be folded with 2nd seat on (is this a nightmare??) are there any annoying features it has? are there different versions of it (what is different just colours?)

We were looking at 2nd hand with the doubles kit etc but after having a play we think we might be better getting a new one with warrenty?? soooo.... are we better jsut getting hte buggy (seems to be on offer in toys r us) and getting the doubles/cocoon bit later when we need it or are we better off trying to find a deal now??

if anyone has seen any deals on it at all would love to hear? any places to avoid buying it??

fairimum Sat 30-May-09 22:01:00

oh god what is a dash??? is it better?? how?

dillyday Tue 16-Jun-09 13:22:16

We are thinking of buying the dash, think it has only been out a few months, so limited reviews. Peppermint in Kingston stock it the cheapest so far £480 with everything, Doubles kit, cocoon, rain cover, contemplated ebay but think the pram hasn't been out long enough to get a deal, also know how much you need to take a pram back and a warrentee is worth its weight in gold. The differences I have found is there is more padding, which is also washable, the foot plate at the front is plastic so easier to clean, the break is on the handlebar rather than by the feet, there also seems a tad more space at the back for the new born. I too would really like to hear what someone thinks of this pram who has actually used it though...rather than just the sales pitch, although both places I went to to have a play with rated it over the sport and the vibe (which is the top of the range Phil and Teds) Hope that is of some help.

4andnotout Tue 16-Jun-09 13:30:11

I bought a pink sport with doubles kit and cocoon for £299 and i love it

4andnotout Tue 16-Jun-09 13:30:31

oh and it was new from kiddicare

bethoo Tue 16-Jun-09 13:34:26

i have the vibe which is great and the brake is also on the handlebar which means sometimes i accidentally lean on it or the dogs lead accidentally stops it too.
great steering. it can fold when the little seat is on top but not when it is underneath. i never invested in a cocoon as it was ok just with blankets in.
very eye catching. i think the dash is half kilo lighter as was gong to get one but at the time the vibe (more pricey) was the only one out as the dash had problems with the brake apparently!!

BikeRunSki Tue 16-Jun-09 13:43:01

We seem to have a similar liefstyle to you, although no dogs (but live in countryside, walk everyday day, spend a lot of time in fields at bike races) and I bought a P&T Sport after secondhand Quinny Buzz -mercifully- sadly died.

Did lots of research about what to replace Buzz with, and test drove loads.

Decided on P&T Sport and bought it new from Kiddicare, along with all the accessories I thought I'd ever need. Kiddicare seemed to be the cheapest at the time (Feb this year).

I have had it for three months now and can not fault it at all. I absolutely love it. It is sturdy, comfy to push, comfy for DS (now 9 months, reclines if needed, easy to fold, light enough to lift into car boot, narrow enough to get round shops, handle bar adjusts to me (5'8") and DH (6'2")robust enough to off-road without a second thought.

I also like that we can use a doubles kit if DC2 ever comes along.

fairimum Tue 16-Jun-09 18:49:39

got a new sport, with doubles kit and raincover on offer from toys r us for £334 - very pleased with it!

iwantitnow Tue 16-Jun-09 19:39:48

love my dash - newborn sticks out a bit more than the sport, very secure brake although you need two hands to operate it, more padded than the sport. So easy to push, easier than the sport as "test drove both"

nicky6 Wed 17-Jun-09 13:41:04

have dd 16 mths and new one coming in 2 weeks. have spent a zillion hours looking, if you happy to have it in pink kiddicare have best offer 299 for doubles kit and cocoon. Place called formby prams that also have good deals
BUT BUT BUT - O Baby have just brought out their own version its called an OBaby XI comes in 3 colours and seems to be identical pretty much apart from fold down size which is a bit deeper its also about £250 including double seat footmuff and rain cover so worth taking a look at they have them in mothercare but are cheaper on line. Hope that helps

FanjolinaJolie Thu 18-Jun-09 18:14:02

You can fold the P&T Sport with the doubles seat on if it's in the 'on top' position, but not if in the behind position.

HTH

I had P&T Sport which I recently sold on ebay as dd2 is now 2.5 and I only really need a single now.

I'd go for a new one with warranty, though. We did have two warranty issues both were replaced free of charge.

tvfriend Thu 18-Jun-09 18:57:22

Love the Sport- even more than my old Bugaboo
Easy to take second seat off to fold etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now