Talk

Advanced search

Three wheeled scooter

(9 Posts)
booksbooksbooks Fri 29-May-09 21:14:38

Hi
my daughter has a micro scooter but is now really too big for it. Are there any 3 wheeled scooters for older children, aged 5 years+?? But can't look too "babyish"

She tried a friend's 2 wheeled scooter but kept falling off!

thanks for any suggestions.

mumwhereareyou Sat 30-May-09 07:43:20

Can't help as my son is the same he is 6 and has GDD and no balance at all. School have suggested that we can buy one of the ones that they use for the nursery and reception children from the supplier they use, but it is nearly £70. eek eek.

But will watch in case anyone has some good ideas.

sazm Sat 30-May-09 12:41:34

we have a normal one from argos, it has 2 wheels at the back instead of just 1,
it was only £14.99

CarGirl Sat 30-May-09 12:51:08

there is an older version of the mini micro scooter without T bar handles just a stick but still the 3 wheels - looks fab! Not cheap though. www.micro-scooters.co.uk/catlist.php?cat=28

booksbooksbooks Sat 30-May-09 19:36:52

Thanks for this. My daughter certainly has balance issues, and some gross motor delay, but I think has been teased about her "baby scooter" at school.
I've had a quick look at on the argos website and there is one, the cosmic light flashing tri scooter (sorry not sure about doing links -but try this scooter), which might be worth looking at mumwhereareyou
She definitely needs handlebars though, the scooter you linked to looked interesting, thanks cargirl

sazm Sat 30-May-09 22:06:18

yep the cosmic light one is the one we have,(my dd and ds both have one) we dont often use the lights lol tbh i think they forgot about them!
i find it really handy that it folds,we keep ours in the footwells of the car for days out to the park etc,

DesperateHousewifeToo Sat 30-May-09 22:29:34

You can get a t-bar for the maxi micro scooter though.

Think the t-bar costs extra but probably worth it if you an afford it.

They are definitely better than any other three wheeled scooter, imo, if they are not ready to graduate onto a two-wheeler yet.

DesperateHousewifeToo Sat 30-May-09 22:30:23

ps: you can probably sell your micro-scooter too smile

mumwhereareyou Sun 31-May-09 20:54:45

Thanks for your help, love the look of the Micro scooter, might ask all the family to club together to buy it for him for his birthday.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now