loader

Talk

Advanced search

MBT trainers

(9 Posts)
hermykne Sat 07-May-05 13:52:44

whos got them (preferred colour) and what do you think? are they worth it

mancmum Sat 07-May-05 14:45:44

I have a pair that are now permanentlt attached to my feet and was just looking at web site to buy some more -- they are fab... really do improve posture and make you feel about 6' tall whenn you walk in them

I have the black ones as I have huge feet and white ones just looked massive... they are a bit ugly but with jeans they do look OK..

might now get sandals for summer

mancmum Sat 07-May-05 14:48:06

just been looking at the web site here --- they do earth shoes which are same concept but cheaper...

love those shoes

Gobbledigook Sat 07-May-05 15:31:39

Think I've just seen these in the paper but didn't read the article - what's the big deal with them?

emmatmg Sat 07-May-05 15:36:50

what are they?

mancmum Sat 07-May-05 16:09:59

mbt trainers have a curved sole that makes the wearer walk in a more upright way so improving posture etc... they are claimed to reduce cellulite and burn 3x as many calories as walking in ordinary shoes... I doubt that but I find them very comfy and my posture is loads better when I wear them...

it is better explained here .... mbt only problem is they are ugly and expensive but I have arthritis and find they do help...

hermykne Sat 07-May-05 18:18:27

hmm
do u really think they are ugly ,the sports one, that is, i thought it kinda funky,
the sandels i wouldnt wear mancmum but if they are as good as recommended and they are doing the job for u i might invest.

my father always criticized my posture so maybe if i wear these now......

PrincessPeahead Sat 07-May-05 18:31:39

my pilates teacher (ex royal ballet dancer ) thinks they are v good...

mancmum Sat 07-May-05 19:05:30

I have to say I think the sports ones look OK with jeans as they have quite a wedgy style sole but they are quite clumpy -- and if you have big feet like me, it does make them feel big... however some of my more fashionista friends think I bought them as a fashion statement as they think they are very cool... shows what i know... must admit the more I look at sandals, am going off them... but again maybe just under trousers would be OK.. but they are good -- just been out for a walk in mine and this reminded me of just how good they make you feel ... very aware of my posture and holding head up.... it is quite odd though buying them as you get a walking lesson before you are allowed out!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now