Talk

Advanced search

Shoes for wide feet

(11 Posts)
anchovies Fri 06-May-05 23:50:45

Took ds for his second ever pair of shoes today and he measured a 5H. Wanted some summer shoes but niether clarks or startrite had anything remotely summery wide enough. Bought him some doodles to keep him going but really need some proper shoes. Just wondering if anyone has any idea of where we can get wide fitting shoes from, we are in the north west.

Thanks!

colditz Sat 07-May-05 00:15:02

I have exactly this problem, so will watch this thread with interest!

anchovies Sat 07-May-05 09:13:09

bump

vwvic Sat 07-May-05 09:24:33

Clarks in Preston can usually get hold of wide fitting shoes. Both dd's have wide feet, and we have managed up to now. I can't find the phone numbers just now, but IIRC we call them up a few days in advance, and they get wide sizes in if the're not already in stock. The only problem is that there is not much choice. The clarks factory shop in Blackpool often has "odd" sizes like G and H in too.

pixel Sat 07-May-05 21:02:33

My dd's first pair of shoes were an H fitting. Our local Clark's ordered them in and we had them within a few days. They were a gorgeous little pair of white summer shoes, size 3, I've still got them! The good news is that as she grew her feet gradually slimmed down so it was only a problem with the first couple of pairs.

It may be worth going back to clarks and asking if they can ring round some other branches for you.

LilMissy Sat 07-May-05 21:29:27

I work at Clarks here in Jersey and if you speak the assistants they should be able to order wider shoes in for you by checking the pattern books and informing you which styles come in wider fittings and then ordering them for you. I'm actually kind of shocked no-one has already offered this as this to me is common sense.. If you don't have anything to fit in stock, you do your best to get it..
If the assistant is unhelpful then I'd speak to the manager as its unacceptable customer service imo :D

coldtea Sat 07-May-05 22:01:16

i was told by Clarks that they can't order in! My dd was also measured as a 5H. I went to two shops & they only had 1 really revolting pair in an h fitting. The assistant bought out a few 6G's & this was what i ended up buying as i was desperate. Am now i know that they could have ordered them in for her.

milge Sat 07-May-05 22:09:52

Anywhere near a John Lewis? Cheadle? ( NW, if my geography is correct). DS is an H fitting and get his shoes from JL

LilMissy Sat 07-May-05 22:12:34

Thats v odd cold tea. As far as i know every clarks store can order shoes for customers but its always possible that due to being on an island we get special treatment. Saying that.. there is a telesales place dedicated to orders and I know we've told people they can order shoes at their local clarks... I'd check that with the manager to be doubly sure.. sometimes assistants can b naff
hth

WigWamBam Sat 07-May-05 22:13:23

Johnathan James sell the Ragdoll brand, and they are very wide. My dd takes an H fitting in Clarks, and even the has to go up a size to get the width, but the Ragdoll ones fit her better than the Clarks do. And at less than £10 a pair for leather shoes, they're less than half the price.

coldtea Sat 07-May-05 22:43:53

Thanks Lilmissy, much appreciated, i'll remember that in future!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now