Talk

Advanced search

Night light recommendations

(12 Posts)
snickersnack Wed 27-May-09 10:47:01

Dd is 4.5 and has developed a fear of the dark. She goes to sleep fine (but her room is fairly light) but likes to have the light on through the night. I’m currently turning the lights in her room down low (they are on a dimmer) but I think she’d be better off with a night light. Does anyone have any recommendations? I think we need something that casts a comforting glow and isn’t going to make the room feel too dark. We had a little plug in one, but it was hopeless – didn’t illuminate anything.

Seona1973 Wed 27-May-09 13:52:05

dd has the go glow princess night light/torch

Seona1973 Wed 27-May-09 13:53:11

p.s argos has a whole range of go glow lights if the princess one doesnt take your fancy

Iklboo Wed 27-May-09 13:56:24

We got one from ebay that changes colours through the red/green/blue spectrum. We bought it when DS was 6 months old, he's had it on every night (sometimes forgetting to switch it off at all so it's on all day too). He's 4 in November and it's still going strong (touch wood). And it only cost about £5.
He's also got one of those self-adhesive mini-LED lights over his bed (the JML typr ones). We need to change the batteries every month or so but we use rechargeables so it's not a massive cost

FanjolinaJolie Fri 29-May-09 21:56:28

We have a brilliant one from Ikea, it looks like an oval 'ghost' and casts a lovely coloured glow which does provide quite a bit of light. They come in green and red, too. Best bit about it is that it charges itself from the mains, but you can unplug it too and carry it around like a glowing torch

Phoenix Fri 29-May-09 22:00:40

I second the Ikea ones Ds has the blue and green ones, they're fab

Phoenix Fri 29-May-09 22:02:39

If fully charged they stay bright all night too. Ds' ones are still lit on a morning and we just plug them back in and charge them all day.

southeastastra Fri 29-May-09 22:03:52

my son had a spoka, he bit it's ears off grin

spring2life Sat 30-May-09 20:41:01

My ds has a Barbapapa Nightlight, I think I bought it more for me and the memories of the stories when I was a kid.

FanjolinaJolie Sun 31-May-09 14:00:55

Spoka.

That's the one we have.

DD calls is 'Spooky'

suiledonn Sun 31-May-09 14:06:24

DD1 has the Barbapapa one too. She loves it and it does give a strong glow when off the stand and is safe to have in bed with her.

LunarJo Thu 04-Jun-09 14:26:02

We had an Ikea one - I used it for DD2 when feeding but it stopped recharging for some reason & couldn't be fixed. We've got a Go Glo Princess torch which is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now