Talk

Advanced search

I need to colour my hair - what with, please?

(11 Posts)
Janh Wed 04-May-05 14:23:44

Having seen JoolsToo's glorious "medium blonde" (ahem) hair in her pic last night I've decided I'm fed up with my grey-and-yellowish-white dishmop head.

My own hair used to be basically mousy when it last had any colour, so that's what my colouring goes with - recommendations please for

a) a product that really does cover grey regardless of shade and texture

b) a colour that suits mousy colouring

(not much to ask!)

TIA

fastasleep Wed 04-May-05 14:25:00

Just don't use natural henna! Eugh.

MarsLady Wed 04-May-05 14:27:19

So we're not talking weird dyes then, beetroot, teabags etc? lol

Janh Wed 04-May-05 14:28:58

Thanks for that, fa! (I wasn't going to anyway but it's always useful to know these things )

Janh Wed 04-May-05 14:30:34

Weak tea (with milk) would be a nice look don't you think, ML?

JT said hers was Belle Color so I guess I want that sort of thing.

Tetley Wed 04-May-05 14:32:51

It may be worth going to the hairdressers to have it done properly first time.

Other than that, I use the L'Oreal Excellence ones - which have always been fine & are easy to use.

MarsLady Wed 04-May-05 14:41:09

Too be honest Jan, I'd be no good as I shave my head and have no hair to speak of (well currently a little bit but need to shave it off again)

Fio2 Wed 04-May-05 14:45:12

beetroot

JoolsToo Fri 06-May-05 17:11:33

Jan - can't believe I missed this

really my hair is not the colour it appeared to be. I too, am originally mousey and although its colour is called Medium Blonde to me its light brown - there's no red there at all - honest! (Belle Color is one of the cheapest too!)

Janh Fri 06-May-05 17:37:26

Tetley, I used the l'Oreal one, thanks for recommendation - it calls itself light ash blonde, has come out sort of pale beige but I like it a lot!

Mars, is your head really shaved? (You had hair in that picture you posted, didn't you?) Must be dead easy to manage!

Jools, too late - I did it yesterday. But thanks again for providing the urge to do it, it looks great (even though the kids didn't think I'd done it yet !)

JoolsToo Fri 06-May-05 17:38:51

do I get to see it then?

(I already know the answer!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now