Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

can you buy belts for small boys? where?

(23 Posts)
elliott Wed 04-May-05 09:15:06

Just wondering if anyone has found a shop that sells belts suitable for 3 year olds. I've never noticed any and assumed there must be some safety concern about them. Anyway i have reached crisis point with ds1's trousers - he's very skinny for his age (3.5) and I cannot find trousers small enough for his waist - until recently he was ok with some 86cm sizes but he's clearly grown and now I can't find anything long enough in the leg that doesn't fall down to his knees!

Can anyone help? or can you suggest any particularly slim fitting brands?

Kelly1978 Wed 04-May-05 09:17:07

I'm not sure what it is called, but that desgnier range in soem branches of mothercare does them. I was looking for ds as I hae the same prob, but then I realised he would never be able to undo it to et to the loo!

Blossomhill Wed 04-May-05 09:19:29

Next do them, so do woolworths

csa Wed 04-May-05 09:19:32

hi elliott, have same problem with ds. H&M does them and quite cheaply too if that helps.

northerner Wed 04-May-05 09:20:10

I have been searcing for a belt for my 3 year old ds for ages. Finally found one in mothercare, it's an elasicated one with a metal push down clasp. He can not manage it himself at all, but it does the job. I was looking for a snake belt but couldn't find them any where. Remember them?

elliott Wed 04-May-05 09:21:17

yes kelly there is that problem - ideally an elasticated belt would be best - but it only needs to be tight enough to stop his trousers sliding down as he walks along, and could still be loose enough to push down for the loo.

vickiyumyum Wed 04-May-05 09:22:45

hi i brought my 3 year old a belt from mothercare, its bob the builder elasticated with a push down buckle, although he can't do it up himself when he goes to the toilet.
i have seen belts in h&m and in john lewis in teh schoolwear department they have the elasticated s fastening belts that are mentioned by northerner

elliott Wed 04-May-05 12:00:18

thanks everyone - guess I just haven't been looking hard enough! Yes I do remember the snake belts

pixel Wed 04-May-05 13:32:19

I too have a very skinny ds and have managed to get him a lovely little snake belt from The Great little Trading Company (www.GLTC.co.uk). They have lots of colours Navy, pale blue, pink, khaki etc and if you are quick they are on special offer at the moment - £2.99 each.

Sorry I can't do links but if you just put 'belts' in the search they are on page 2.
HTH

puddle Wed 04-May-05 13:39:38

We have adjustable snake belts from boden - you can shorten or lengthen. they are v good. Pack of 3 for £12ish Ds is tall and slim and his trousers have been a problem ever since he was potty trained - that nappy sure kept the trousers up!

foxinsocks Wed 04-May-05 13:42:10

I have a very skinny three year old as well. I found that belts really annoyed him - he couldn't get his pants down by himself and they used to irritate him when he sat down (he's more like a beanpole really with no waist so I think he felt the belt cut into him. A boy with a small waist would probably get on better!).

The trousers that fit him best are the waist adjustable pants from Gap or Primark or any pants from French designers (like Petit Bateau etc.). We don't buy him expensive clothes but when these French shops have sales and the trousers are a good price, I snap them up because the length and waist are normally a good fit.

worriedfriend Wed 04-May-05 13:52:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bandbsmum Wed 04-May-05 14:25:03

My ds is nearly 5 and is also very skinny. I looked everywhere for an elasticated belt and eventually found quite a large selection in Adams. Also Primark & Tesco's do trousers/jeans with an adjustable waist, which I always found great for my ds. HTH.

elliott Wed 04-May-05 14:45:10

thanks again - nice to hear from others with little skinnies - yes ds1 basically has no hips so trousers just slide down - often when he is in full flight My mainstay has been the adjustable waisted trousers in la redoute/vertbaudet (those french kids must be thinner!) but I will look out for these in Adams etc now.

popsycal Wed 04-May-05 14:46:56

same happening to my once chubby ds1....now he is out of nappies at last his trouisers fall dowmnn..will be looking out for beltd too

LIZS Wed 04-May-05 15:03:53

H and M sell elasticated belts for tots. dd (also 3) manages her trousers with one. Trouble is not all trousers and shorts have belt loops either. Just spent a morning rethreading a load of Gap shorts with elastic to fit a skinny 7 yr old ds -doesn't get any easier as they grow !

FLUM Wed 04-May-05 15:04:36

I find regular belts do the job just as well and you can get a better swing out of them too.

Wallace Wed 04-May-05 15:21:19

I saw a snake belt in a schoolwear shop

macwoozy Wed 04-May-05 15:28:46

My ds is a very skinny 5 year old, and I managed to find a belt from Adams a month or so ago.

cupcakes Wed 04-May-05 15:34:33

Like Puddle we use the Boden snake belts - £15 for three (I bought my dd's in the sale though!). She is 2 and wears them on almost the smallest setting - I'm sure they'd go small enough for your ds. And you'll have years of wear out of them.

blueteddy Wed 04-May-05 15:59:46

Gap do them I think.
Well they had some when I last looked in there any way!

Kayleigh Wed 04-May-05 16:14:36

Loads on Ebay - very cheap - from around £2 with postage. All different colours - even girls pink ones.

Kayleigh Wed 04-May-05 16:15:50

Ebay Snake Belts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now