Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Playhouse, sand pit or trampoline-What to buy?

(9 Posts)
Coj Tue 03-May-05 22:13:38

Ds is 20months & loves everyone's garden toys- playhouses, sand pits, water fun areas, trampolines, play frames. Any advice on what to buy or not to? Got a little Tikes swing & slide last year but DS has nearly grown out of it.

Kibby Tue 03-May-05 22:18:51

any of them - I bought a second hand playhouse for £50 form the snips and they've all played with it lots. I'd recommend that

Coj Tue 03-May-05 22:23:10

Hi. What's the snips?

ladymuck Tue 03-May-05 22:26:55

If you had to go for just one then sandpit would be my bet. Ds2 (24 months) loves playhouse, sandpit, trampoline and climbing frame. I avoid water unless it is very warm! Ds1 (age 4) plays with all of these except trampoline (and bike is also a big thing).

debs26 Tue 03-May-05 22:29:04

in our garden:
playhouse - large cardboard box
sandpit - kids kept leaving lid off so cats got in it and they couldnt use it (something to consider)
trampoline - could definately recommend, got one from car boot sale for £4 and they have had hours of fun from it!
water fun - bucket of water and some paint brushes. they spend hours on a hot day painting the patio over and over because it always dries before they finish! hahaha

piffle Tue 03-May-05 22:29:51

dd loves her mini trampoline! £15 from b+q
she also has a play table half water half sand, inexpensive with a cover on it which she likes on warmer days.
I am working on a big trampoline next year, the neighbours kids have one and they are never off it!!!

piffle Tue 03-May-05 22:30:31

chalk on paving stones is good too as it washes off

Coj Tue 03-May-05 22:30:32

Garden is not v large & pockets not v deep. Are pop up tents any substitute? Will sand get brought in hse (like finding it everywhere a week after going to beach!)

Prufrock Tue 03-May-05 22:56:14

Blow up lion ball pit from Tescos. It was dd (3)and ds's (1) joint birthday present from an aunt this weekend and they both LOVED it. And it's only £15. (though you need at least 300 balls in it which will be another £15)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: