Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Playhouse, sand pit or trampoline-What to buy?

(9 Posts)
Coj Tue 03-May-05 22:13:38

Ds is 20months & loves everyone's garden toys- playhouses, sand pits, water fun areas, trampolines, play frames. Any advice on what to buy or not to? Got a little Tikes swing & slide last year but DS has nearly grown out of it.

Kibby Tue 03-May-05 22:18:51

any of them - I bought a second hand playhouse for £50 form the snips and they've all played with it lots. I'd recommend that

Coj Tue 03-May-05 22:23:10

Hi. What's the snips?

ladymuck Tue 03-May-05 22:26:55

If you had to go for just one then sandpit would be my bet. Ds2 (24 months) loves playhouse, sandpit, trampoline and climbing frame. I avoid water unless it is very warm! Ds1 (age 4) plays with all of these except trampoline (and bike is also a big thing).

debs26 Tue 03-May-05 22:29:04

in our garden:
playhouse - large cardboard box
sandpit - kids kept leaving lid off so cats got in it and they couldnt use it (something to consider)
trampoline - could definately recommend, got one from car boot sale for £4 and they have had hours of fun from it!
water fun - bucket of water and some paint brushes. they spend hours on a hot day painting the patio over and over because it always dries before they finish! hahaha

piffle Tue 03-May-05 22:29:51

dd loves her mini trampoline! £15 from b+q
she also has a play table half water half sand, inexpensive with a cover on it which she likes on warmer days.
I am working on a big trampoline next year, the neighbours kids have one and they are never off it!!!

piffle Tue 03-May-05 22:30:31

chalk on paving stones is good too as it washes off

Coj Tue 03-May-05 22:30:32

Garden is not v large & pockets not v deep. Are pop up tents any substitute? Will sand get brought in hse (like finding it everywhere a week after going to beach!)

Prufrock Tue 03-May-05 22:56:14

Blow up lion ball pit from Tescos. It was dd (3)and ds's (1) joint birthday present from an aunt this weekend and they both LOVED it. And it's only £15. (though you need at least 300 balls in it which will be another £15)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now