Talk

Advanced search

The best small chopper mixer

(13 Posts)
Beetroot Tue 03-May-05 12:10:07

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Tue 03-May-05 12:35:56

I like the braun multipractic cos it has so many uses (no longer have a bit mixer cos I just use this one)

nailpolish Tue 03-May-05 12:43:19

i got my jml one out of woolies - its great, especially cos it was quite cheap.

it does leak a bit if you fill it too much (which i do) and then its a scutter to clean, but it chops/blends/purees almost anything

i mostly use mine to puree soups

Beetroot Tue 03-May-05 12:51:06

Message withdrawn

saadia Tue 03-May-05 13:31:38

I've got a small Kenwood one which I use all the time for pureeing veg, meat, fruit for the baby, and for chopping garlic and ginger and making milk shakes. It cost about £20 when I bought it from John Lewis last year.

Beetroot Tue 03-May-05 17:39:17

Message withdrawn

fuzzywuzzy Tue 03-May-05 17:43:30

I have a braun multi quick, but it comes with lots of bits, you do get a cheaper model which comes with fewer bits... What did you intend to use your chopper for. Chopping stuff or soups and chopping stuff??? Will go see if I can find a simple version.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 03-May-05 17:46:05

Beetroot, it is. I think Twiglett and I have pretty much the same one. Comes with a whisk attachment, regular wand (metal, so you can use it in hot soup etc), and a chopper mixer thing. Very good for breadcrumbs etc. I think they do one with an ice crusher type thing.

I got rid of my regular blender when I got this, and I only get out my full food processor to make carrot cake (grating carrot doesn't really work with chopper mixer).

fuzzywuzzy Tue 03-May-05 17:52:49

How about this one for the simplest version???

Twiglett Tue 03-May-05 18:17:30

sorry not been around .. like NQC says, we have the same one

(BTW I find it really easy to grate carrot for carrot cake on one of those standard 4 - sided grater things .. can't be bothered with all the washing up that big mixers need <lazy-arse icon>

ks Tue 03-May-05 18:20:19

Message withdrawn

Beetroot Tue 03-May-05 21:34:10

Message withdrawn

joolee Wed 04-May-05 21:40:01

The Braun multiquick is half price at our local Sainsbury's. Down to £22 ish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now