Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

The best small chopper mixer

(13 Posts)
Beetroot Tue 03-May-05 12:10:07

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Tue 03-May-05 12:35:56

I like the braun multipractic cos it has so many uses (no longer have a bit mixer cos I just use this one)

nailpolish Tue 03-May-05 12:43:19

i got my jml one out of woolies - its great, especially cos it was quite cheap.

it does leak a bit if you fill it too much (which i do) and then its a scutter to clean, but it chops/blends/purees almost anything

i mostly use mine to puree soups

Beetroot Tue 03-May-05 12:51:06

Message withdrawn

saadia Tue 03-May-05 13:31:38

I've got a small Kenwood one which I use all the time for pureeing veg, meat, fruit for the baby, and for chopping garlic and ginger and making milk shakes. It cost about £20 when I bought it from John Lewis last year.

Beetroot Tue 03-May-05 17:39:17

Message withdrawn

fuzzywuzzy Tue 03-May-05 17:43:30

I have a braun multi quick, but it comes with lots of bits, you do get a cheaper model which comes with fewer bits... What did you intend to use your chopper for. Chopping stuff or soups and chopping stuff??? Will go see if I can find a simple version.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 03-May-05 17:46:05

Beetroot, it is. I think Twiglett and I have pretty much the same one. Comes with a whisk attachment, regular wand (metal, so you can use it in hot soup etc), and a chopper mixer thing. Very good for breadcrumbs etc. I think they do one with an ice crusher type thing.

I got rid of my regular blender when I got this, and I only get out my full food processor to make carrot cake (grating carrot doesn't really work with chopper mixer).

fuzzywuzzy Tue 03-May-05 17:52:49

How about this one for the simplest version???

Twiglett Tue 03-May-05 18:17:30

sorry not been around .. like NQC says, we have the same one

(BTW I find it really easy to grate carrot for carrot cake on one of those standard 4 - sided grater things .. can't be bothered with all the washing up that big mixers need <lazy-arse icon>

ks Tue 03-May-05 18:20:19

Message withdrawn

Beetroot Tue 03-May-05 21:34:10

Message withdrawn

joolee Wed 04-May-05 21:40:01

The Braun multiquick is half price at our local Sainsbury's. Down to £22 ish.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: