Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jane car seats....are they safe?

(5 Posts)
robin3 Tue 03-May-05 11:21:38

Which magazine recently did a report about some of the carrycots that are sold as carseats....I think one was a Mamas and Papas or another well known make.
I have a Jane Rebel car seat which we merely used for DS and I now want to lend to a friend but only if it's safe. Anyone know whether these seats are any good?
Thanks in advance.

hub2dee Tue 03-May-05 11:24:25

There was an old thread on this. Search 'matrix' in text and you'll find it. HTH

robin3 Tue 03-May-05 11:58:35

Thanks. Have read and realise now that Which's definition of a carrycot is a flat bed so the rebel car seat is fine.

hub2dee Tue 03-May-05 12:18:49

Yeah, the Matrix was the flat one (actually, it is adjustable between upright and flat)... the Rebel was never questioned, and I think the people who read (and re-read) the somewhat unclear Which article concluded they weren't saying the Matrix was unsafe, just that they hadn't been tested since last time... yadda yadda.

JulieF Tue 03-May-05 21:59:51

The one that was slated for safety was the M & P one. The Jane one are known for being very very safe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now