Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Portable DVDs - any good recommendations?

(4 Posts)
woollyboots Tue 03-May-05 10:43:01

Does anyone have any recommendations for aportable DVD? I don't want to spend a fortune but I don't want it to break after a couple of weeks!

crunchie Tue 03-May-05 11:13:42

Argos are doing one for £49.99 (or were over teh w/e) I don't know about quality though. It is small - only 4.5" screen, which is smaller than some.

We bought one last year from Richer sounds, about £120. I have juat looked on their website, the same one is now £79.95. It is a Yamada 520 - they are saying they have the 'last few to clear'!! It is a good compact machine, although if I had a bit more I would probably go with the Goodmans they are selling at £120 now (last year it was about £170). I like the ne we have, although it didn't come with a carry bag or anything. it did have all the other scart leads and in-car charger. If you want a cheap and cheerful machine It defineatly does the job. We have used it a lot

MrsMiggins Tue 03-May-05 11:30:48

DH bought one from Toys R Us - think it was £99. Seems OK - DS likes it

feelingold Tue 03-May-05 12:43:23

We have a venturer one from woolies, it did cost £160 but it has a 7 inch screen, but to be honest if you have more than one child watching it in the back of the car you do really need this size screen. If only 1 person is going to watch it then cos they can have it nearer to them a smaller screen might be ok.
To be honest it's the best £160 we have spent in ages, the kids are really quiet on long car journeys (they are 10, 9 and 4) and dd doesn't usally feel so sick cos her mind is taken off it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now