Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

mothercare travel system....advice please

(8 Posts)
lucykatie Mon 02-May-05 20:39:17

we have a mothercare travel system for my dd2 of 7 months and recently we have been putting her in the pram section as opposed to the car seat...i have noticed that when the seat is fully reclined for sleep it tips up at one end, her head end, so her head is hiogher than her feet....very uncomfortable.
it has 3 positions and the one which enables her to sit fully upright leans her forward to much!!!

anyway, my friend has the same travel system and hers is the same, she has taken hers in to mothercare to see if its a problem and they have told her that yes its not right and it needas to be sent away for 2 weeks!!!!

this in my opinion is not acceptable, they do loan you a pram but it is filthy and not a travel system.

my friend says the travel system on display was perfect!!!

in my opinion i dont think our travel systems should of even left the factory in this state,
what do you think my rights are, as at the end of the day they are offering to repair!!!

All i want is my dd to be comfy.

MollyMooMin Fri 06-May-05 08:42:53

You mean her feet are higher than her head!

Kelly1978 Fri 06-May-05 08:45:10

You do have a right to demand a refund as it is faulty.

starlover Fri 06-May-05 08:48:39

If they will repair it and give you something to use in the meantime then I don't think there is anything you can do about it.
IIRC companies have the right to repair rather than replace.

I don't see why it matters that her head is higher than her feet?

I would complain if they loaned me a "filthy" pram. But apart from that I wouldn't think there is much you can do

Kelly1978 Fri 06-May-05 08:57:38

how long have u had it?

LIZS Fri 06-May-05 09:03:31

Your consumer rights are here so you could ask for a refund or replacement rather than accept a repair (see "What are you entitled to ask for ?") However as it is already 7 months old you may find it more difficult to argue fro a full refund as you may now be deemed to have "accepted" the pushchair. In this case you may come under pressure to accept a repair instead of a refund. If you accept a repair now I don't think you can demand a refund later.

Think you may have to be flexible over a loan pushchair whilst yours would be away, as they don't have to offer it but in practice many baby retailers do out of goodwill. Don't think you can expect an equivalent travel system if yours is sent away for repair - clean and safe,yes, and something appropriate to age of child.

hth

lucykatie Fri 06-May-05 10:14:23

as mollymoomin kindly pointed out........the feet are higher than the head....my mistake.

mollymoomin you are so clever

WestCountryLass Fri 06-May-05 19:27:54

I had the same thing with a Graco travel system and they replaced it for me, this was 3 years ago though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now