Talk

Advanced search

baby carrier

(6 Posts)
joyceb Sun 01-May-05 15:31:03

Hello, I am first time mum to be and looking into baby carriers at the moment, baby bjorn active carrier seems to be a good one, anyone any experiences? Good or bad. There is now a new baby bjorn active carrier which looks very comfy but is a lot more expensive, anyone bought/tried this one?

pixiefish Sun 01-May-05 15:46:22

I had one when dd was a tiny baby. TBH you really feel the baby's weight in it and I found it cumbersome and not very nice to use.

I've got an Ergo now and carry dd (15 months) on my back whenever I need to do something and she's whingy. So, I get the cooking and the cleaning done without a whingy crying baby as she's a happy little thing on my back. I also use it when I go out.

I don't feel her weight in the Ergo and really cannot recommend it highly enough. there is a newborn insert as well.
Have a look at this site wish I'd looked into it more really before buying the baby bjorn.
Also depending on the age of your baby you might like to consider a wrap rather than a sling. Give this lady a ring- she's really nice and helpful

bensmum3 Sun 01-May-05 19:05:53

I agree with pixiefish, I've used the ergo since ds was 6 months, on the front at fist, and still walk 3 miles easily with him on my back at 23 months, it is extremely comfortable and well worth the initial expense.
I used a babybjorn when ds was born, but by 5 months it was uncomfortable, sorry no experience of the new ones.

Cristina7 Sun 01-May-05 19:38:14

My favourite for my DD is a Roobaby pouch sling(roobaby.co.uk). I used it since she came out of hospital at 2 weeks. She's 2 months old today and we just came back from a long walk in the forest. She slept in it for the whole time. I even managed BF in it today.

gs Tue 03-May-05 00:16:20

i love my baby bjorn! my LO is now 9 months and we even took him out in it the other day! admittadley hubby was carrying him! however we used it loads in his first few months. good luck choosing.

biglips Tue 03-May-05 00:18:37

Tomy "Roma" is good and selling them cheap in Asda (£19), it got a strap to put it around your lower back to support your whole body..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now