Talk

Advanced search

Handysitt, should I or shouldn't I?

(14 Posts)
fanniegirl Sat 30-Apr-05 09:36:01

I have been seduced by the cool look of the Handysitt as I couldn't afford the tripp trapp and haven't the space anyway. Can you get the baby right up to the table with them, and are they easy to clean? The cheapest I've seen them is £60, can anyone beat that?

Blackduck Sat 30-Apr-05 09:58:55

Kiddicare do them for 49.95, as do backinaction....
Only every used them when eating out and yes you can get the child right up to the table...

wheresmyfroggy Sat 30-Apr-05 10:02:41

When you say baby how old do you mean?, think Babysit is 6 months+

You can get them right up to the table

They are fairly easy to clean partly beacause there isn't much of them to clean iykwim and also because there is no folds or creases for food to get wedged in (unless you get the leather seat base thingy)

Think ours was £50 from Daisy+Tom's but don't quote me on that

Kiddicare.com might do them

dot1 Sat 30-Apr-05 10:19:20

ooh - yes, yes, yes,!!!!! We now have 2 handysitts for our ds's - couldn't live without them - definitely in my top 5 baby equipment must-haves!! They're fab for going out and about and it means you can go to slightly more 'adult' cafes/restaurants and not worry when they haven't got highchairs!

We got ours for £42 off the internet - can't remember the name of the site but will have a look. For that price I think they're really worth it, as our 3.5 year old still uses his at the dining room table, and has been using it since he was 8 months old!

dot1 Sat 30-Apr-05 10:22:33

handysitt for £45!

Hope this works - they've gone up to £45 - we also found you don't need the cushion thingy - just the chair itself.

Frizbe Sat 30-Apr-05 10:25:08

have you seen the fabric ones of these? bump2three have one in their new catalogue, cheaper? smaller.

melsy Sat 30-Apr-05 10:38:10

I think theyre great , as they fold flat, so easy to take anywere rather than the big bulky plastic ones. I think the bag carriers a good idea so can hook on buggy too!! Ive had mine since dd was about 1 yr.Very very good price on that website.

marthamoo Sat 30-Apr-05 11:14:20

They are fantastic - I highly recommend getting one. I've had, over the years, a 'proper' highchair (too big and a nightmare to keep clean, plus they are away from the table - I think it's nice for them to sit at the table properly with everyone else), a seat that clipped on to the table (fine 'til ds1 got so heavy he was in danger of tipping the table over) and about 3 booster seat things all of which were full of crevices that were impossible to keep clean. The Handysitt is so simple; it's pure genius. I got mine from Urchin and I didn't bother with the cushion insert. Ds2 is almost 3 and a half and still uses it every day. I wish I'd bought one first instead of wasting my money on the other ones!

And no, I don't work for Handysitt

CordeliaP Sat 30-Apr-05 13:22:07

ditto

fanniegirl Sat 30-Apr-05 13:34:33

Thanks to all, I'm definately going to get one! Baby is only four months (I like to plan in advance!) and they say to use them from 7 months. Do I need the cushion for that age?

lou33 Sat 30-Apr-05 13:45:22

urchin sell them for 49.95, and a plastic version for about a tenner less.

dot1 Sun 01-May-05 21:50:19

No - both our ds's used them from about 8 months, and don't have the cushions - one's got enough padding himself but even the skinny one didn't need it!!

bea Tue 03-May-05 22:11:09

fab buys!!! ditto dot1!

maretta Tue 03-May-05 22:16:08

I've been very pleased with ours. Very sociable, easy to use and easy to clean.

We have the little seat cushion but for some reason ds gets very upset by it so it never gets used.

Our proper highchair was a nightmare. I had to put it in the bath to get it properly clean when we sold it. So many inaccessible creases.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now