Talk

Advanced search

tumble dryer....problems

(4 Posts)
darlingbud Fri 29-Apr-05 11:15:48

I bought a new dryer in December 03 and got the usual 12 month guarantee with it. About 3 weeks before it expired the dryer broke and aman came out to fix it (twice in one week). The warranty then ran out and I was asked if I wanted to extend it - I did. Lo and behold 4 weeks ago it broke again (same problem). Man came out and said it needed a new pump and that he would be back in a week. the next day I got a call saying part not in stock would order it and ring. Heard nothing for another 2 weeks then got a call last night to say part would be unavailable until May and that they wold send me some vouchers to buy a replacement product of the same specifications as the one I have now.

What does that mean?

FLUM Fri 29-Apr-05 11:17:59

a new dryer perhaps? call them and see

darlingbud Fri 29-Apr-05 11:19:46

I was hoping for a new dryer but the one we bought then was cheaper than usual as it was on offer near Xmas time. What if I can't get one the same? I hope I don't end up putting more money to it as it wasn't my fault it keeps breaking down.

A new one would be better though as had new flooring down in kitchen andf acn't afford for dryer to keep leaking.

crunchie Fri 29-Apr-05 11:29:19

I would read that as exactly what it says, as new dryer to the same spec. It will be enough to cover the replacement it does not matter if you bought it cheap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now