Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had the Kuster Jelly Baby changing mat, is it worth it?

(25 Posts)
questions2008 Wed 29-Apr-09 22:41:55

here it is www.kuster.co.uk/jellybaby.html

is it worth considering or would a cheapie changing mat do just as well?

EyeballsintheSky Wed 29-Apr-09 22:47:58

How much???? shock Cheapie changing mat and a new handbag.

PortAndLemon Wed 29-Apr-09 22:57:05

COMPLETELY pointless.

IMO, that is. But I am right grin.

questions2008 Wed 29-Apr-09 22:58:58

but they look so comfie...no? grin

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 29-Apr-09 23:00:09

Surely they are joking - £30?

A newborn won't notice, and once they can roll over they'll be off it so fast that you'll resent every penny you spent on it.wink

amazonianwoman Thu 30-Apr-09 14:02:43

No it's not worth considering grin

Bink Thu 30-Apr-09 14:12:26

The amusing bit is why-on-earth you would want something that moulds itself to a baby's shape ... when a baby's shape changes daily (it's called GROWING)

The other amusing thing is the not-very-more-than-three-foot-high cupboard, for £645

Well, Halle Berry rates hers, it seems ...

CompareTheMeerkat Thu 30-Apr-09 14:13:55

Don't buy it. It appears to be a manufacturer trying to make money out of (probably new) mums.

Umlellala Thu 30-Apr-09 14:56:12

shock

No, no, no!

Buy a cheapy foam one for a fiver from Mothercare (even buy two - one upstairs/bathroom, one downstairs) and change them on the floor.

JustCallMeGoat Thu 30-Apr-09 14:59:49

riip off and that site has the fugliest high chair i have ever seen.

wastingmyeducation Thu 30-Apr-09 15:04:10

Stop looking for things to buy!

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 30-Apr-09 16:09:37

but they do look gorgeous... if you can afford it then why not let it be your luxury purchase?

Horton Thu 30-Apr-09 16:14:44

I'd rather have something for me if I was going to buy something luxurious. Call me selfish but I don't think the baby will notice.

Thebolter Thu 30-Apr-09 16:17:22

Bloody hell, change your baby on a towel on the floor. Spend the money on wine. grin

marmoset Thu 30-Apr-09 16:22:01

Absolutely not necessary but I have found a combined baby changer/bath unit valuable with all 3 of mine because it has saved my back. A win win scenario smile.

Always shop around - there are lots of people trying to rip parents off and my basic rule is that if I wouldn't spend that kind of money on something for me then I'm not spending it on the babes!

accessorizequeen Thu 30-Apr-09 21:49:51

Feel a bit blush but I bought one for my dt's and it's been absolutely fab for the last 7 months! I've got mine on a storage unit in the living room and because the sides are so high, they can't roll off as easily and they seem v.comfy. For me, well worth every penny and wish I had bought one for ds1 & 2 (single babies). Changing on the floor is slower and back breaking!

BeehiveBaby Thu 30-Apr-09 21:53:06

I spent £20 on one with a harness...now that was useful smile

SoupDragon Thu 30-Apr-09 21:56:10

"they can't roll off as easily" As easily as what, exactly? I've managed to get 3 children through nappies without them ever rolling off a changing mat (unless it was on the floor)

bran Thu 30-Apr-09 21:58:36

I agree with BeehiveBaby, I found the harness changing mat fantastic. A memory foam changing mat is a bit unnessary IMO as a baby only spends a very short time on it, it's not as though they're going to sleep on it.

accessorizequeen Thu 30-Apr-09 22:05:28

If I had a flat changing mat, one of them would have gone over by now on top of the storage unit, it's pretty narrow. Pleased to say I haven't lost one of my 4 dc's either! It's a changing mat, I change nappies a LOT (have 2.4 yo as well), it's great. Lots of more stupid things to spend money on for babies IMO.

shhhh Fri 01-May-09 21:46:19

looks lovely. If you have the money and want one then why not..?

I have spent silly money on stuff for both dd and ds...some I regretted some im glad I bought.

Your choice, go with it.smile.

MrsMac8036 Fri 29-Apr-11 10:04:03

I've just bought one for my siser-in-law whose baby will be with us by tea-time hopefully! Personally I think it is fab - it's warm to the touch and offers more support for baby's delicate little frame than a flat one. It's by far the safer option if you intend placing the mat on any raised surface, and I got mine in TK Maxx for a fraction of the price!! I only wish I'd discovered it in time for my own kids.

colditz Fri 29-Apr-11 10:07:46

Pointless expenditure.

Put the money in an account so you can afford to send your child to university instead of changing is bum on a luxurious changing mat.

colditz Fri 29-Apr-11 10:08:41

Or maybe buy a normal changing mat for £5 and send the remaining £25 to some children who don't have clean water or any food?

or is that too liberal?

cmcurlybird Sun 12-Jun-11 20:07:23

One of the best things we ever bought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now