Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me sort out my laundry problems (oh soooo dull!)

(96 Posts)
CountessDracula Thu 28-Apr-05 14:55:00

OK should be shot for such a dull thread BUT....

I very stupidly bought a massive basket for all my clean laundry to go in. I am rubbish at ironing, do bits as I need them then when it really starts to piss me off I send it all off to the ironing service! As a result I have a massive pile of clean laundry and can never find anything. Part of the prob is that dh has about 4000 t shirts which he never wears, so my first job is to get rid of those I think.

What I think i need is something that will separate my stuff, dh's and dd's. It lives in the spare room so has to be presentable and reasonably big as I know that it will continue to pile up as I just don't do ironing except in cases of emergency.

I know you lot will be able to sort me out!

CountessDracula Thu 28-Apr-05 14:55:55

Come to think of it it could live in the airing cupboard but would that make it too crispy?

oliveoil Thu 28-Apr-05 14:57:29

<veers off topic violently> did you move in the end? I have been off the computer and didn't get the final conclusion and am too faffed to be searching

bundle Thu 28-Apr-05 14:57:37

i think cod has a stacking thing from ikea which would solve all your problems...sorry can't find it, maybe she's about

ggglimpopo Thu 28-Apr-05 14:57:51

Message withdrawn

cod Thu 28-Apr-05 14:58:41

Message withdrawn

Marina Thu 28-Apr-05 14:58:49

Maybe this is what cod has, but some kind of clothes rail with suspended fabric cubbyholes?

CountessDracula Thu 28-Apr-05 14:59:36

No am still in London Hurrah!!!

The cleaner does do some ironing but I get fed up with it cos she does all the wrong things (yes I know I should leave it out for her but I forget) So we end up with no work shirts or trousers but beautifully ironed flannels for eg

bundle Thu 28-Apr-05 15:00:54

might have been this one . well perhaps not the whole thing..just the baskety bit

Caligula Thu 28-Apr-05 15:00:54

Get yourself off to Ikea - they are the sorting experts! (Not too good on bins though )

Are you trying to compete with me for most boring thread of the day?

oliveoil Thu 28-Apr-05 15:01:51

oh good, a happy ending.

Dd1 has awoken in a strop again, dh is dealing with the devil, will have to get a basket to put her in. Terrible twos indeed

Lakeland may have something, or there is a company called the Holding Company (???) could be wrong that do a compartment one.

CountessDracula Thu 28-Apr-05 15:05:43

oh I have one of those wire basket things, didn't think of that as it is not that big but maybe I will throw half dh's clothes out and then it will be!

FLUM Thu 28-Apr-05 15:07:14

Put it in a suitcase!

ggglimpopo Thu 28-Apr-05 15:11:56

Message withdrawn

CountessDracula Thu 28-Apr-05 15:16:46

ggglimpopo I do send the lot to the ironing service often, but it all piles up again

CountessDracula Thu 28-Apr-05 15:17:02

And sometimes my mum irons the lot!

Sponge Thu 28-Apr-05 15:25:04

Get one of those vacuum storage bags. Put all dh's shirts in and shove it under the bed or something. If he doesn't ask for any of them after 6 months throw them out.

ggglimpopo Thu 28-Apr-05 15:25:39

Message withdrawn

PuffTheMagicDragon Thu 28-Apr-05 15:37:25

I've got 4 v large plastic storage baskets which can be stacked (from Homebase I think), although I have them side by side on the worksurface in the utility room. Clothes that don't need ironing are sorted into these. Stuff that does need ironing is dumped straight into a big ironing bag - got it from a dry cleaners. All dh's shirts go in there, less of mine and dss stuff. When its full it goes to be ironed my the ironing fairy.

Towels, bedding etc never ironed - come out of the dryer fine as long as they're not sitting in there too long.

noddyholder Thu 28-Apr-05 15:44:15

put a wardrobe rail up in the airing cupboard hang all the wet stuff in there If it is warm enough you won't need to iron it at all and the lovely smell will waft around the house (god i am so boring)

FLUM Thu 28-Apr-05 15:45:49

what a lot of housework sluts

CountessDracula Thu 28-Apr-05 15:46:20

housework - what's that then?

misdee Thu 28-Apr-05 15:47:50

am i going to be considered odd to confessing that soon i'll have 2 washing machines. one will be housed with the dryr in a cupbard, hopefully with space for baskets etc.

noddyholder Thu 28-Apr-05 15:52:24

that is called a utility room misdee

misdee Thu 28-Apr-05 15:53:26

no, its too small for a room, its my old cupboard lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now